A microfiber cloth is a kind of a cloth which is made of a blend of polyester and polyamide and is generally used for various kinds of cleaning purposes. Whether it is your kitchen or your electrical appliances, your bathroom or your windows, this cloth practically works on everything and does a good job at each. It won’t be wrong to compare it to your Swiss army knife as far as its multi-purpose use is concerned. A swiss army knife fulfils many purposes inspite of having a compact size and similarly, your microfiber cloth too helps you pursue several cleaning tasks. The following are some more answers on what is a microfiber cloth and why it can be your Swiss army knife for cleaning:
Physical properties of microfiber cloth
In order to know what a microfiber cloth is, you must be familiar with its physical properties. They are given as follows:
- This cloth is durable and very lightweight.
- It is made up of little threads which are much thinner than human hair. It is 1/100th the diameter of a human hair and 1/20th the diameter of a strand of silk.
- Appearance retention
- Can be made windproof and water resistant
- Exceptional strength, although the filaments are super fine
- The material is usually made up of a ratio of either 80/20 or 70/30 of polyester/polyamide.
Uses and benefits of microfiber cloth
As mentioned earlier, microfiber cloth can be your Swiss army knife for cleaning. This basically means that just the way a Swiss army knife fulfils many purposes and proves useful in many situations; a microfiber cloth too has multi uses. Some of its uses are given as follows:
- It can be used to clean cars, kitchens, bathrooms, countertops, mirrors, windows, sinks, showers, eyeglasses, laptop screens and even furniture pieces.
- It is safe for almost all materials and can never scratch any of them.
- It doesn’t leave any particles or threads behind and is easy to use as well.
- Moreover all you need to do to make use of it is to apply a little bit of water to it.
- In some cases, you may be required to spray a little chemical cleaner to a microfiber cloth for even more effective cleaning.
- Microfiber is also used to make Knits, mats, and weaves for apparel, industrial filters, upholstery and cleaning products.
How does a microfiber cloth work?
- What microfiber cloths do is that they attach themselves to the smallest and most microscopic dirt particles from almost all surfaces and materials.
- There are certain adhesive forces between dirt particles and microfiber cloths which get formed when one is brushed against the other.
- These forces are known as Van der waals forces. There are millions of microfibers in each small cloth and hence the total of all the forces is very strong. This is why these cloths perform so well when it comes to cleaning.
- Compared to microfiber cloth, a normal cleaning cloth has a lot less fibers and hence they often tend to miss dirt particles when they are moved over a surface.
- Thus it is advisable to ditch your old cleaning cloth and get a few microfiber cloths.
Now that you know what is a microfiber cloth and why it can be your Swiss army knife for cleaning, you too must get one. If you are looking for a professional to do the cleaning work for you, you can contact Mr Right for cleaning services.