When it comes to floor tiles, most of our homes use ceramic as the material. Not only is this material super durable but also tough and looks elegant. Moreover it is much easier to clean and maintain as compared to other floor tiles and hence a popular choice for most. Everyday sweeping and mopping can help us keep it clean but even then some grout still tends to develop in between the tiles and can be slightly difficult to get rid off. But it too must be removed on a regular basis. For your help, we have brought a list of tips and ideas to clean ceramic tiles. They are given as follows:
1. Sweep or vacuum the floor
The first thing that you need to do is to remove all the debris and dirt from the floor and this can be simply done by sweeping it or vacuuming it properly. In most cases, sweeping with a broom would be enough but if you have a vacuum cleaner at home, then it may prove better. The idea is to clean off the dust and remove the loose debris particles.
2. Make your own cleaning solution
Once this is done, the next step is to make your own cleaning solution. Follow the given steps for the same:
- You will need a bucket filled with a gallon of warm water and mix in it ¼ cup of white vinegar.
- Also mix with it a little bit of all purpose cleaner. This solution will work wonders to clean ceramic tiles.
- Now take a microfiber cloth and dip it in the water mixture.
- Ring it thoroughly and start mopping the ceramic tiles using it. This will help evenly spread out the water mixture with cleaning solution all over.
- Ceramic tiles are held in their place using grout but over a period of time the grout may develop a thick layer of dirt and debris which may be difficult to clean. But this solution will help clean the grout completely.
- To clean the grout you can use an old toothbrush or a brush with nylon bristles to take out the dirt from in between the tiles.
3. Clean with fresh water
Once you have cleaned the floor with the above given mixture, you must allow it to stay on the ceramic tiles for some time. After that take a bucket of fresh water and mop the floor again with it to get all the cleaner off the floor, leaving it shiny and clean. Make sure you allow the floor to air dry properly. Ventilate the room or switch the fan on for some time to allow it to dry.
Now that you know some effective ways to clean ceramic tiles, you too can follow them and never have dirty floors again. Follow this method on a regular basis so as to avoid accumulation of dirt, smell and germs. However if you are unable to maintain your bathroom floors yourself, then you must opt for professional bathroom cleaning services and this can be done by contacting Mr Right.