Art leather bags are made out of a material which mimics leather but is rather either a combination of various materials or of a different leather like material altogether. These kinds of bags are generally bought and used by those who do not wish to use real leather since it is made out of animal skin. Like any other material, art leather too tends to get dirty or gets stains from time to time. These stains can take away from its overall look and therefore it is important to clean it regularly. The following are some useful tips and suggestions on how to clean an art leather purse at home that you can follow:
1. Use a fabric brush or lint roller to clean dust and debris
- The first thing that you need to do is to use a fabric brush or a lint roller to capture and clear all the dust particles, crumbs and other kinds of debris.
- These cleaning items also help to clean the interiors and not just the exterior part of the bag or purse.
- All you need to do is to take the brush or roller and rub it/roll it on the entire surface. Clean and repeat once again.
2. Use soap and water to wipe down the bag
- To clean an art leather purse, you can make use of water and soap.
- For this, take a clean, preferably light coloured rag and put a little bit of soap and water solution to it.
- Make sure you get rid of the excess liquid and then wipe down the bag from the exterior side.
- This will help to remove light marks, stains and will give the purse an overall clean look.
3. Clean the ink stains and marks
- If there are any ink stains or marks on the art leather bag or purse, then the best way to clean them is to use isopropyl alcohol or a nail polish remover.
- All that you need to do is to take a clean cloth, pour a little bit of the remover or alcohol and rub it gently over the stain.
- Do not rub harshly as it can lead to spreading of the stain on the bag. Leave it there for some time and then clean with a fresh cloth after a few minutes.
4. For food, wine and oil marks
- For food stains, wine marks and grease/oil marks, you can sprinkle a little bit of talcum powder, baking powder or cornstarch on the affected area.
- You can also use a slice of bread to absorb the stain.
- Another method to clean these stains is to make a mixture of lemon juice and cream of tartar and apply it to the stain or bag.
Now that you know how to clean an art leather purse at home, you can maintain your bag yourself. It is important to follow these tips and steps every once in a while. But if there are stains or marks which you are unable to clean on your own and need professional help, then you can contact Mr Right for handbag cleaning services.