When you buy expensive leather purses or bags, then you obviously don’t want them to get dirty or stained in any way. However, no matter how careful we are we end up getting our bags marked with the most unexpected stains. One of these is denim or jeans stains. Yes, since bags often come in touch with the jeans we are wearing, they tend to get slightly colored due to the rubbing against them. These stains may be difficult to remove with just water and you may have to try a few other cleaning methods. But worry not, we have brought to you a few tips to clean leather purse from jeans stain and they are as follows:
1. Use makeup remover wipes
This is one of the simplest yet effective ways to clean leather purse from jeans stain. We all have makeup remover wipes at home, don’t we? You need to do the following to clean the purse with it:
- Well, all you need to do is to take a few of the alcohol-free ones and rub them gently on the affected area of your bag.
- Since there are no extra chemicals in them, they won’t harm your expensive purse in any way.
- Make sure you do not rub too much or too hard as that can damage the purse.
Here are some Alcohol Free Makeup Removers, you can buy from Amazon:-
2. Use leather cleaner
If you have a leather cleaner at home, then you will be really surprised at the way it works on jeans stains.
- All you have to do is to apply the leather cleaner to a white rag or cloth or sponge and gently wipe it on the stain.
- As the dye gets lifted, it transfers itself to the sponge or the cloth.
- In order to wipe it off after cleaning, use a different part of the rag or cloth. Do not rub too hard and try cleaning as gently as possible.
Here are some recommendations for Leather Cleaner you can find on Amazon:-
- Leather Honey Leather Conditioner & Cleaning Kit
- Leather Care System – Solvent-free Cleaner
- Turtle Wax T-363A Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
- Angelus Easy Cleaner Kit
- Pedag Suede Cleaner and Textile Color Restorer
3. Use dish soap
Another method to clean leather purse from jeans stain is to use dish soap.
- For this, you need to mix together dish soap with warm water in a bowl.
- After that, dampen a cloth in this mixture and wipe the stain with this cloth.
- Make sure you dry the purse using a white paper towel after cleaning the stain as it may have become wet or moist.
4. Use baking soda or cornstarch
Another method that you can try to clean leather purse from jeans stain is to make sure of either baking soda or cornstarch.These ingredients tend to absorb most kinds of stains including ink stains and may also work on denim stains
- . Take a little bit of one of these and sprinkle it on top of the stain.
- Leave it there for a few hours and then wipe it off with a clean rag or cloth.
- Clean using a slightly moist cloth. Simple!
Leather purses are usually expensive and a denim or jeans stain on them can be really disappointing. But the above given tips might prove useful. However, if you are unable to get the stain off yourself, do not try too hard as it can lead to further damaging of the bag. In such a case, you can contact Mr. Right for professional handbag cleaning or dry-cleaning services.