Do you have polluted air inside your home? Have you noticed a bad or moldy smell in your home? Are your allergies and respiratory problems working up? If yes, you need to find the solution for it as soon as possible. You need to improve the indoor air quality for healthy living. And, when it comes to air quality, there are three appliances that can help you. Humidifiers, air purifiers, and dehumidifiers. All three have different usages and help in different ways. Here we are going to discuss about air purifiers and dehumidifiers and know more about how they are helpful for us.
About Air purifier
Air purifiers are used specifically for cleaning and circulating air inside your home. They trap the pollutants and make the air clean and healthy with the help of their filters. Air purifiers help in getting rid of bacteria, viruses, smoke particles, dust, mold spores, dander, pollen, etc. There are many types of air purifiers available that you can choose from such as HEPA air purifiers, activated carbon air purifiers, ionic air purifiers, and ultraviolet (UV) air purifiers. Before deciding which type of air purifier will be best suitable for your home, it is important to know about some must-have features for an air purifier.
Some bestselling air purifiers recommended for you:
- LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home
- HATHASPACE Air Purifier for Home
- Vremi Premium True HEPA Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega AP-1512HH(W) True HEPA Purifier
- Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Auto Large Area Air Purifier
- Coway Professional Air Purifier for Home
- Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
- Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter
Dehumidifiers help in reducing the humidity level in the air. They work in the same way as the air conditioners. Dehumidifiers use fans to suck the humid air to the cooling coils, condense the moisture, and then pass it on to the warm coils. After that, the dry air is blown back and circulated into the room. These appliances help in reducing mold and dust mites by eliminating the excess moisture from the air. The different types of dehumidifiers include compressor or refrigerant dehumidifiers, desiccant or absorbent dehumidifiers, ionic membrane dehumidifiers, and electronic dehumidifiers.
Here are some recommended dehumidifiers for you:
- Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Home
- hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Gocheer Upgraded Dehumidifier for Home
- Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier
- Eva-dry E-333 Mini Dehumidifier
- Letsport Upgraded 68oz Dehumidifier for Home
Differences between air purifiers and dehumidifiers
Besides the basic functionality, there are many other differences between air purifiers and dehumidifiers. Now, let us look at the points of difference between air purifiers and dehumidifiers.
|Function||It cleans and purifies indoor air by removing pollutants and allergens from it.||It removes excess humidity from the air.|
|Removes||Pollutants like bacteria, viruses, pollen, dander, smoke particles, dust, mold spores, etc.||Allergens like dust mites, mildew, and mold.|
|Benefits||Beneficial for those suffering from asthma and allergies.||Good for people suffering from allergies and also removes the damp smell.|
|Effect on Humidity||No effect on the humidity level.||Reduces excess humidity.|
Which one is better for you?
When it comes to the deciding point as to which one is best for you, it depends on only one thing. What is your need or why do you need it? If you just want cleaner air inside your home, an air purifier is a right choice. But, if you are living in an area where the air is too humid and you want to get rid of the excess moisture, go for a dehumidifier. You can even choose both of them. There are even many combinations of both i.e., air purifier cum dehumidifier, available in the market.
However, before getting any one of the appliances, it is necessary to consider the important factors that affect their functioning and performance. Follow the buying guide for air purifiers to know what factors and features you must keep in mind while buying an air purifier.
Let us see which one suits you best based on the benefits they offer.
Benefits offered by air purifiers:
- They are beneficial for people suffering from respiratory issues, asthma, and allergies.
- Best to be used in areas with a high level of air pollution.
- If you have issues of smoke, odors, pet hair, etc. in your home, an air purifier helps in removing them from the air you breathe.
- Helps in managing airflow in your home.
Benefits of using a dehumidifier:
- If you are living in a highly humid area.
- If there is bad ventilation or leakage issue in your home.
- When you have a musty or moldy smell in the air.
- Manage moisture levels in certain parts of your home.
Before you decide which one to get, it is vital to know what air purifiers and dehumidifiers are and how they work. They both have different functionality and benefits to offer. Always keep in mind the best features of the appliances before buying them and consider the factors that help you in getting the most out of them. Weigh up your needs and what a certain appliance offers and then decide which one you want.