A bathroom is one of the most important parts of any household. But due to constant usage and due to the kind of functions it fulfils, it tends to get dirty on an everyday basis and hence it is important to clean it every day. However it is not possible to clean the tiles every day. Thus one must make it a point to clean the bathroom tiles atleast a once a week or two. But what exactly is the way to clean bathroom tiles? Well if you do not know this properly, then the following given information on how to clean bathroom tiles will prove useful.
1. Make a mixture of vinegar and baking soda
The first and the best way to clean bathroom tiles-both floor tiles and wall tiles is to use vinegar and baking soda.
- For this dilute a mixture of vinegar and baking soda in water and put this into an empty spray bottle.
- While on one hand the vinegar acts like a degreaser, on the other baking soda eliminates odours and scrubs the surfaces.
- Leave this solution applied on the tiles through the spray bottle for about a minute or two before wiping it off.
- To wipe off, use a microfiber cloth which has been dampened.
2. Use a paste of bleach and soda bicarbonate
Another method that you can use to clean bathroom tiles is mixing bleach and soda bicarbonate.
- The bleach acts as a disinfectant and helps whitening your tiles.
- It is advised to wear gloves and a mask when you apply this paste on the wall and floor tiles to clean them.
- After applying the mixture, you must wait for atleast an hour before you wash them off the tiles.
3. Remove the tile grout
Grout develops in between tiles if they are not cleaned on a regular basis. The above given pastes and mixtures can prove effective for cleaning tile grout as well. However you will have to use an old toothbrush or a brush with nylon bristles to scrub off the grout. The mixture will dampen the grout and will make it easier for you to take it off. Wipe off once the cleaning with the toothbrush is done.
4. Use salt
Salt too acts as a wonderful tile cleaner for your bathrooms. To use it, follow the given tips:
- All you have to do is to rub your tiles with a damp cloth and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Now scrub the grouted parts and allow this to remain overnight before washing it off in the morning.
- What salt does is that it kills single cell organisms by dehydrating them.
- You can use any kind of coarse textured salts for this purpose such as Epsom salts.
Now that you know the various ways and tips to clean bathroom tiles, you can maintain your bathroom and keep it neat and clean always. However if you are looking for professional cleaning services like bathroom cleaning, you can reach out to Mr Right.