For most people their car is their most prized possession and something that they want to keep in top condition always. Afterall it takes quite a big chunk of your savings to buy one and hence it is obvious that you want to maintain it on a regular basis. As a part of your car’s maintenance, the one thing that you must do in a timely manner is clean car windshield. Well most of us follow the incorrect way to of cleaning it and this is why we have brought a few tips and methods that you must follow instead. They are given as follows:
Gather all the correct supplies and materials
The first thing you must do to get ready to clean car windshield is to gather all the correct supplies. The following is a list of the things that you will need for the same:
- A bug remover spray
- A mesh sponge
- Paper towels
- Glass cleaner and
Spray the car windshield with spray
- Now that first thing that you need to do is to spray the glass windshield with the bug remover spray.
- This helps soften the bugs and tar that gets accumulated on the windshield, thus making it easier to remove them later on.
- Make sure you let this remover stay on the glass for 10 minutes.
- Now using the mesh sponge, scrub the windshield by applying light pressure.
- Use clean water to rinse it after scrubbing is done.
Spray the glass cleaner
- Now the next step to clean car windshield is to lift the wiper arms and spray the glass cleaner.
- This will help to remove any remaining stuck up bits and dust particles.
- Now that a clean paper or microfiber cloth to wipe the glass cleaner properly on the windshield.
- First follow a vertical motion and then a horizontal motion so that there are no spots left on the windshield.
Clean the wiper blades
- Now the next thing to do is to clean the wiper blades.
- For this,using a paper towel or rag, wipe the rubber edge of the wiper blade.
- Once done, lower the wipes on the windshield.
Clean the interior side of the windshield
- Once you are done cleaning the exterior windshield, it is time to clean the interior part.
- For this spray some glass cleaner on a cloth and wipe the entire glass with this cloth.
- It is better to clean half sides one by one for ease.
- Follow a vertical motion of cleaning first and then the horizontal motion. Clean until all the streaks are gone.
The above given steps would have proved useful is you are someone who was unsure of how to clean car windshield. The process is rather easy and not very time taking as well. You must follow it on a regular basis so that dust and grime doesn’t collect on the glass of your car and also to ensure proper visibility when driving. If you are looking for professional car windshield cleaning or a complete car wash, you can get in touch with Mr Right.