You may think that you are cleaning those floor tiles pretty well and removing all the dust and grime but certain particles may still remain and are hidden in between the tiles. Over a period of time these particles tend to gather and become persistent and are commonly referred to as tile grout. Grout can make the tiles appear dirty and must be cleaned every once in a while. If you are unsure of cleaning tile grout on your own, then the following tips and suggestions will help you with it. Read on to find out how to clean tile grout:
1. Using baking soda and vinegar
One of the most effective ways to clean tile grout is to use baking soda and vinegar. For this, follow the tips given below:
- First make a paste of baking soda and water in 3:1 parts.
- Apply it with your fingers or a brush on the grout.
- Now make a 1: 1 solution of white vinegar and water and put it in a spray bottle.
- Now spray it to the applied paste. You will see a bubbling process immediately.
- Wait for it to stop and then scrub the grout using a cleaning brush or even a toothbrush.
- Once done, use plain water to mop the floor properly.
2. Using oxygenated bleach
Another way to clean tile grout is to make use of oxygenated bleach. For this,follow the tips given below:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oxygenated bleach in 2 cups of warm water and pour this mixture onto the grout.
- It is better to test a small portion of the floor tiles first to check for discoloration.
- Using a brush with nylon bristles to scrub the oxygen bleach solution in the lines of grout.
- Once scrubbed properly, use a mop and clean water to wash off the floor and remove all the remaining grout particles.
3. Using hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap
Another fabulous way can be used to clean tile grout and it is given as follows:
- Take these three materials and make a paste by mixing ¾ cup baking soda, ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoons dish soap.
- Where on one hand, baking soda works as a natural abrasive or scrub to clean grout, hydrogen peroxide mixes with it to release bleaching oxygen ions.
- Now take a brush with nylon bristles and apply this paste on the grout. Let the paste sit on the grout for about 15 minutes and wait for a bubbling chemical reaction.
- Now take warm or hot water and pour it on the floor, one section at a time. Take a rag to wipe the floor to remove all the residue and grout remains.
- At the end, use clean water and a mop to give the floor a final rinse and cleaning.
These were the top 3 methods to clean tile grout without calling a professional for floor cleaning. Our floors need to be maintained on a regular basis since they tend to become dirty and discoloured over a short period of time due to constant and regular use. However if you are still looking for professional cleaning, you can contact Mr Right for floor scrubbing and other related services.