An oven is a useful and well utilized appliance in the kitchens of most of us. But over a period of time and with repeated usage, the interiors of the oven may become dusty, dirty and lined with leftovers of the foods we cook in it. It is the oven racks that bear the brunt of melted cheese, toasted leftovers of breads and other such particles. But if you continue using the racks like this, it will decrease the efficiency of the appliance. It is thus important to clean oven racks on a regular basis. The following are the top 5 ways to do so:
1. With dishwashing liquids and dryer sheets
- The best way to clean oven racks is to line your bathtub with dryer sheets and lay the racks over them.
- Now fill the rub with warm water and add half a cup of dishwashing liquid.
- Allow this set up to sit overnight and drain the tub in the morning.
- Use the dryer sheets to wipe the racks.
- You will see how easily you are able to remove every particle from the racks.
- In the night, the bonds got diluted and this led to perfect cleaning.
2. Vinegar and baking soda bath
Another method to clean oven racks is to use a vinegar and baking soda bath. For this method,
- Place the oven racks in the bathtub but without any water.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over them and then some vinegar.
- Allow the foams to form completely.
- Once the foaming stops run some hot water in the tub and allow it to sit overnight.
- Take a towel in the morning and wipe/scrub the oven racks using it.
- This will help remove all the grime and dust, thus cleaning the racks completely.
3. Use ammonia trash bags
Another fabulous way to clean oven racks is to use ammonia trash bags.
- All you need for this is a large plastic trash bag, some ammonia, a bin and some space outside where you can leave this outside in the night time.
- Place your racks in the large trash bag and add about half-quart of ammonia in it.
- Tie the bag tightly and place it in a bin outside your home.
- Open the bag in the morning but be careful of the entire ammonia odour that may rush out when you do so.
- Rinse and clean the racks properly with water.
4. Use Commercial cleaners
Use commercial cleaners to clean oven racks by following the given tips:
- Lay the racks somewhere outside your house and spray some oven cleaner on all of them.
- Leave the cleaner to sit on the racks for 10 minutes and then scrub them with an old cloth or toothbrush.
- Rinse properly to get clean oven racks.
5. Use dishwashing soap bath
This is a fairly simple method in which you need to lay your racks in the bathtub filled with warm water.
- Add some dishwashing powder or soap in the tub and use a sponge to wipe and scrub them off properly till all the particles and grime is removed.
- Take the racks out after removing all the water and wash them with clean water.
For any oven cleaning add on service you can contact a professional through Mr Right services.