Most of us focus primarily on the purification of the water that we drink or use for cooking purpose. But we rarely pay attention on cleaning of the water tank where water is stored. Every day we use the tank water for brushing and bathing, for cleaning and moping, for washing clothes and in other household chores. With the passage of time, sediments, scale and algae get deposited on the walls, ceiling and floor of the water tank. This deposition contaminates the water and makes it unfit for use. With time algae and bacteria grow and breed in this water, infect it and could make us fall sick eventually. It simply means that our ignorance towards water tank cleaning may take a toll on the health of our family.
Tank cleaning is very necessary and should be done at least once in a year. But it also depend on the quality of water supplied into homes. If the water is very hard and high in TDS, then sedimentation will happen more often. In such cases more than one annual water tank cleaning is required.
The basic steps involved in water tank cleaning are:
Step 1: The area surrounding the tank and top of the tank is cleaned
Step 2: Tools used in tank cleaning process are disinfected
Step 3: Water and sludge is drained out from the tank using a sludge pump
Step 4: Manual scrubbing of the tank is done to remove the dirt, sediments, fungus & stains
Step 5: Walls, ceiling and floor of the tank is washed using a high pressure jet
Step 6: Vacuum cleaning is done to ensure that all the dirt is sucked out
Step 7: Vacuumed tank is disinfected with anti-bacterial spray or liquid bleach
Step 8: Tank is filled with water that is made to run through the taps to disinfect the water pipes
Step 9: Water from the tank is drained through the taps and tank is left empty for drying
Step 10: Tank is clean and ready to be filled with water for domestic use
This whole process probably take around 4-6 hours but it’s worth doing for the health of your family and loved ones.
As a caution, it is suggested not to perform tank cleaning yourself or without the supervision of any professional, since it involves use of disinfectants and specialized tools.
If you want to clean your Water Tank on your own, we have some recommended tools for you:-
Water Tank Cleaner
- Welter Aluminium Symphonic Water Tank Cleaner (Blue White)
- HANBAZ Water Tank Cleaner (Blue, Extra Large)
- Lukzer Sponge Cleaning Scrubber Gloves Multi functional
- JOHN RICHARD Silicone Scrubbing Gloves (Multi Color, 1 Pair)
Multipurpose Pressure Washers
- Bosch 125 Bar Universal Aquatak Pressure Washer
- STARQ W6 210 BAR PRESSURE WASHER CLEANER
- ResQTech 135 BAR Pressure Washer
- Vantro High Pressure Washer
- Karcher K2 Compact Pressure Washer
Dry and wet Vacuum Cleaners
- Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Vacuum Cleaner
- Inalsa Vacuum Cleaner Wet/Dry/Blowing
- Prestige Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner
- BLACK+DECKER Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Blower
- American MICRONIC Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner with Blower
- Eureka Forbes Wet and Dry Suction and Blower Function Vacuum Cleaner
- Tri-Activ Disinfectant Spray for Multi-Surfaces
- Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray Sanitizer
- Dettol Surface Disinfectant Spray Sanitizer
- BodyGuard Disinfectant Sanitizer Spray for Multi-Surfaces
- Autofy Disinfectant Sanitizer Spray for Hard & Soft Surfaces
So if it has been ages since you cleaned your water tank and you also believe that the health of your family is your first priority, book a water tank cleaning appointment with Mr Right.
Mr. Right has an amazing network of professional water tank cleaners in Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and Gurgaon, who would provide you just in time service.
Mr. Right believes in not only providing the best in town services but also in educating its customers about a healthy lifestyle.
Stay Happy! Stay Blessed!
Team Mr. Right