Chikungunya is a disease which you all must be familiar with due to the fact that it affects a large population of Indians every year. Apart from India, it is a growing health concern across the globe and is caused due to bite of an infected mosquito. It causes severe joint pains, high fever, nausea and several other side effects and may take a long time to completely recover from. It is important that we follow preventive measures and maintain good overall hygiene to avoid being infected by this disease. In order to prevent chikungunya fever and its dangerous effects, you must follow the tips that have been given below.
1. Know the cause and the mosquito
Aedes Aegypti mosquito is responsible for causing chikungunya in humans. This mosquito has unique white markings on its legs and other parts of the body and is hence easy to spot. It may get attracted to human blood due to certain chemical compounds which are emitted by the body and these include carbon dioxide, ammonia and lactic acid etc. The mosquito is more active during the early and late hours of the day. It breeds in stagnant water and has a lifespan of about one month.
2. Control mosquito populations
The best way to prevent chikungunya fever is to control mosquito populations. For this, you can follow the given tips:
- Avoid getting water collected in any form near or inside your house or office, for example, water often gets collected in puddles on uneven roads, in tyres, gardens and pots etc.
- Empty all open containers of water such as vases, cans, bottles and drums etc from time to time to avoid mosquitoes breeding in them.
- One must make it a point to clean clogged roof gutters etc on a regular basis.
- Turn over boats like canoes and kayaks etc when not in use, dispose old tires, repair leaks on faucets etc.
- You can also control mosquito population by using chemical like Larvicides in standing water as these help to kill mosquito larva. Fogging and barrier sprays etc, which are used to prevent mosquitoes from entering the particular area and only killing the ones that are present there.
3. Keep your surroundings clean always
Female Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes are attracted to the scent of the bacteria which is found in stagnant water and thus you must keep your surroundings clean on all occasions. Remember that lakes, creeks, wells and rivers too can be breeding ground for these mosquitoes thus avoid littering them or venturing near them especially during rainy season. Try to urge your friends and family to join river cleaning programs together as a community to control mosquito populations. Do not let litter in garbage boxes etc sit for too long and have it removed atleast twice a day.
4. Use mosquito traps
You can also control mosquito population by making use of mosquito traps. Some of these include lethal ovitrap and light trap etc. In a light trap, a blue or violet colored UV light is used to attract the mosquito. Once the mosquitoes are inside it, they get electrocuted or get stuck to the sticky board.
5. Prevent mosquito bites
Another way to prevent chikungunya fever is to prevent mosquito bites. For this it is a good idea to:
- Wear long and protective clothing in order to cover maximum body parts from the mosquitoes.
- Wear materials which are thick enough to prevent the mosquitoes from biting.
- You can also try using fabric cleaners or detergents which contain mosquito repellents as these may help to stay away from mosquitoes.
- When sleeping make use of mosquito nets as they enable you to protect yourself from mosquitoes and hence prevent bites.
- Use mosquito repellent sprays and lotions whenever possible as they prove effective in providing protection against bites.
- There are many other ways that can help you prevent mosquito bites and some include killing mosquitoes using swatters, keep windows and doors closed to avoid mosquitoes from entering etc.
Now that you know how to prevent chikungunya fever, you can take all actions important for the same. Chikungunya can prove to be a dangerous disease if not controlled on time and it is best to take precautionary measures to prevent it altogether. Make sure you keep yourself and your surroundings clean always. For complete home cleaning, contact Mr Right services.
Leave a reply →
No matter whatever the case one has to avoid mosquitoes as it can cause life threatening illness to us and our family members. The best option is mosquito net as it is safe and natural. We deal in mosquito net and we know the importance of our service.
Thank you for sharing!
I was never ready to accept the fact that anyhow I would be able to get rid of mosquitoes. But after reading your blog, I got a better foundation on how to deal with mosquitoes in a better way.
Play Flappy Bird here free. Click on the screen or use the space bar to start. Fly the bird as far as possible without hitting the pipes.
really useful information.everyone has to know the information
because of everyone has to know the health and this type of info.
Flappy Bird is an arcade game with very simple mechanics but presents a very difficult challenge. Please visit my website to experience it.
Hope you Like the Game.
That’s reassuring. Thank you for letting me know!. ซื้อหวยออนไลน์
I hope everyone is okay . หวยออนไลน์
thnk you for your kindness. แทงหวย 24
That’s reassuring. Thank you for letting me know!
Although many mosquito control methods available in the market, mosquitoes are coming on its own way. Even mosquito liquids are not working as we expects. The funny thing is mosquitoes are landing in the mosquito liquid machine itself. According to me fixing mosquito net for windows and doors will keep mosquitoes away from home. As we know there are many products like pleated, roller shutter type, sliding type mosquito net systems avail in productbucket.in
Sources said “mosquitoes are the world dangerous and deadliest insects which is killing many human lives”. Be aware and get protection from mosquito bites by installing a mosquito nets for windows and doors. Insect meshes will not allow mosquitoes into living area. Be aware and safe your children and family members life.
Great post about preventing chikungunya fever!! Along with this it is also important to hire chikungunya pest control service in Bangalore to get the best results and get rid of the deadly Aedes Aegypti mosquitoes.