An oven is an important part of your kitchen and one of the most useful appliances in the house. It fulfils our cooking needs and requirements and makes things quite simpler and less time consuming. However in some cases, it may become difficult to use the oven and one of such situations is when the oven time is not working. If you too are facing this issue then you must first learn the reason behind this and then try fixing it. The following are some common causes of oven timer not working and the respective solutions.
1. Problem with the electronic control board
CAUSE: One of the most common reasons for oven timer not working is problem with the electronic control board.
- In most such cases, the fault error code will appear on the small screen but if this doesn’t happen then you must check for power to the elements.
- However if there is no power to the elements then in that case you must check for the control board in order to verify that there is power at the appropriate output relay. I
- f you find no output then you must get the electronic control board replaced.
- The voltage checks done at the control board are live voltage checks and it is better that you contact a professional technician to do these checks for you.
- Moreover for doing so, you may need appropriate meters or devices which professionals have but you may not.
316557245 Range Oven Control Board and ClockGenuine Original Equipment Manufacturer
This oven control board and clock (part number 316557245) is for ranges. Oven control board and clock 316557245 monitors the oven temperature and controls the oven heating functions in the range, and includes the digital display for the time and temperature settings.
Here are some Control Boards you can buy online:-
- Kenmore Oven Control Board 316557245
- Frigidaire Oven Control Board 316455410
- Kenmore Oven Control Board 316207522
- Frigidaire Control Board 316630004
- Electrolux 316560118 CONTROLLER,ELECTRONIC,ES540
2. Test the terminal block
CAUSE: Another cause for oven timer not working could be the terminal block.
- To check it, first disconnect all the power to the oven and then find this part at the back of the appliance.
- Find the terminal block wires and see if there is any damage.
- Turn the fuse or breaker for a small period of time to see whether the terminal has any power.
- If not, then it is possible that there is an issue with the wiring in your house.
Samsung DG96-00173ARange Terminal Block
This is an authorized aftermarket product. Fits with various Samsung brand models. It has a oem part # DG96-00173A.
Here are a few Terminal Blocks you can buy online:-
- Samsung DG96-00173A Range Terminal Block
- Frigidaire 5304409888 Terminal Block Kit
- General Electric WB17T10003 Range/Stove/Oven Terminal Block
- Frigidaire 5303935238 Terminal Block Range/Stove/Oven
3. Test for power
CAUSE: Sometimes if there is fault in the power, then the oven timer might not work.
- To check for power you must first disconnect all the power and wires from the oven.
- Now find the fuse or the housebreaker and disconnect it from the plug.
- Pull the plug on the appliance and put the breaker back on.
- Now test the outlet on the wall by connecting some other device or appliance in it to see if it is working.
- If not, then the issue is with the power outlet and not your timer itself.
4. Test the oven timer
CAUSE: It is important to test the oven timer as well as it may have gone faulty.
SOLUTION: To do so, disconnect power and unscrew the back cover of the oven. The timer clock’s back will be visible to you. Take an ohmmeter set it to range RX1. Now the next step is to touch a test lead to each of the terminals of the fuse. Find the clock motor leads and take them off the circuit. Attach the test lead on each clock motor wire. You will need to replace the clock if you find no continuity.
AstroAI MultimeterDigital Multimeter with DC AC Voltmeter and Ohm Volt Amp Tester
This Multimeter is designed to troubleshoot a variety of automotive and household electrical problems safely and accurately
Here’s some other Multi-purpose Multimeters :-
Also, if you want to replace your Over Timer, here’s a few recommendations:-
- YXQ DKJ-Y 60 Minutes Time Controller
- Uxcell Time Controller Timer Switch 30 Minutes
- DKJ/1-60(SL-60C) Time Controller 60 Minutes
To contact a professional for resolving the issue of oven timer not working or any other general home appliances repair, you can get in touch with Mr Right services.
Leave a reply →
Great article. This article is full of information & knowledge. Many thanks to the author for sharing this informative and helpful article with us.
Can I bypass timer as knob broke off
My daughter had a new electricity meter fitted on 20th Feb. her cooker has not worked since. Can you advise if this may just be coincidence or not?
I Am having the exact same issue since my electric meter has been replaced?