Inverter air conditioners are a recent development in the AC market. In this article, you will learn about what an inverter AC is, how it works and the benefits with inverter air conditioners.
What are inverter air conditioners and how do they work?
Inverter ACs have a control device which manages the compressor’s operations. Before explaining how an inverter AC work, let’s see how an AC without inverter works. A normal AC first reaches the set temperature, then the compressor gets cut-off. When the thermostat senses rise in temperature above the ‘set temperature’, the compressor is again turned ON. This cycle continues until the AC is turned OFF.
While an inverter air conditioner, starts at a higher RPM (revolutions per minute) and the compressor stays ON for the full duration. The power required to turn ON an inverter AC is also higher as compared to normal air conditioners. The inverter AC, after reaching the ‘set temperature’, lowers the RPM and operates while consuming lower power to maintain the temperature. After the room’s temperature reaches higher than the ‘set temperature’, inverter AC’s RPM goes up and thus, the temperature is maintained.
Since start-up RPM of an inverter AC being higher, it cools the room quicker.
Since the compressor in an inverter AC is never OFF, the temperature fluctuations are minimal as compared to temperature fluctuations in a normal AC.
Any appliance, when it is turned ON requires the maximum amount of power. Thus, a normal AC consumes more energy due to the compressor getting switched ON after every cooling cycle. An inverter AC doesn’t cut off the compressor, instead, operates the compressor at lower power after achieving the ‘set temperature’. Thus saving up to 40% on electricity bills.
Benefits of having an inverter air conditioner
- Saves energy
- Higher efficiency
- Temperature is maintained with more stability
- Operates silently
- Lasts longer than a normal AC
- Cools the room more quickly
- No peaks in voltage due to compressor
While inverter air conditioners provide the above benefits, they are more expensive to buy. But considering the long-term advantages regarding operating costs, reliability and efficiency its definitely better to get an inverter AC.
Here are some of the inverters ACs, available on Amazon, that we would recommend highly:
- AmazonBasics 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC with High Density filter
- Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
- Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Godrej 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Wi-Fi Inverter Split AC
- LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Hot and Cold Inverter Split AC-Ez Clean Filter
- Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Dual Inverter Split AC
- Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- Samsung 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
- Blue Star 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
If you have any doubts please feel free to comment in the section below.