Do you know the amount of energy your air conditioner consumes? Do you know there are options in air conditioners that will help you in saving money? If no, then be with us as we are going to tell you about an air conditioner that helps you in saving energy and cost. There is a new technology air conditioner in the market now, its called inverter air conditioner. Well, the inverter technology is not new, but it is new in air conditioners. These types of air conditioners have many benefits over the other air conditioners. Let us know how is inverter AC better than non-inverter AC.
What is an inverter AC?
An inverter air conditioner regulates the speed of its compressor motor. The compressor motor’s speed and power consumption are appropriately adjusted. Once the temperature of the room reaches the temperature set on the thermostat, the speed of the motor is slowed down to reduce the use of energy and refrigerant. Turning the compressor on and off requires high energy usage, but the inverter technology helps in keeping the compressor motor on all the time effectively and efficiently.
The precise temperature control is the most amazing feature of an inverter air conditioner. You can find both window air conditioners and split air conditioners with this inverter technology nowadays.
Top recommended Air Conditioners for you:
What is a non-inverter AC?
As opposed to inverter air conditioners, non-inverter air conditioners can not slow down the compressor. These air conditioners have a fixed heating and cooling capacity as the temperature can be controlled only by turning the compressor on or off. When a non-inverter air conditioner is turned off, the power consumption goes down, but there is a sudden power spike when the air conditioner is turned on. This results in higher power consumption as compared to an inverter air conditioner. Also, the non-inverter air conditioner takes longer to reach the set temperature and causes lag in the system.
How is inverter AC is better than non-inverter AC?
- Eco-friendly: The motor of the inverter air conditioner has a variable speed and thus the inverter’s sensor adjusts the power consumption of the air conditioner as per the room’s temperature. This helps in reducing energy consumption and less energy consumption guarantees less harmful emissions affecting the environment.
- Cost-saving: The compressor of an inverter air conditioner doesn’t work at its full capacity the entire time. When the room reaches the set temperature, the speed of the motor is slowed down and thus needs lower energy. Low energy consumption means less money to be paid for electricity.
- Noiseless operation: The inverter air conditioner doesn’t need its compressor to be turned on and off regularly, it just slows it down on reaching the required temperature. Since the motor keeps running at a slow speed, it makes less noise.
- Longer life: When the motor turns on and off regularly, it puts pressure on the system and wears it down at a faster rate. But the inverter air conditioner prevents this from happening and thus helps in increasing its lifespan.
- Faster cooling/heating: An inverter air conditioner uses more power at the beginning of the process to adjust to the temperature set on the thermostat. But, as the room starts reaching the desired temperature, it reduces the power consumption and keeps running at low power and low speed. This helps in cooling or heating the room faster and maintaining the achieved temperature for a longer period.
The inverter technology is now available in both window ACs and split ACs. If you are looking for an air conditioner for yourself, look for inverter air conditioners. Though the inverter air conditioners are a bit expensive than the non-inverter air conditioners, they help you in saving costs in the long run. So, get the latest technology at your home and also save energy and money.