Saving energy isn’t all about saving money, it also implies saving our earth.
- Go paperless
- Before hitting on the print button on the screen, stop and think, do I really need a hard copy of this document? Can I instead save it on my computer?
- Save the employee brochures and manuals on a common server or drive instead of distributing it to everyone. This will saves tons of paper and the employees will have access to the latest versions of the necessary documents.
- It is not possible to go paperless completely. Use recycle bins to dispose waste printouts, junk emails, envelops etc.
- Take printout on both sides of paper
- Save Electricity
- Turn off the lights and fans and other running appliance when you are out of office or going home.
- Use motion detector lights in office space and cafeteria.
- Replace your incandescent bulbs by energy saving CFLs. They save 10-50% of the electricity and last longer than the conventional bulbs
- Promote LED lamps. They cut down power consumption by 50%.
- During the day time, take advantage of natural sunlight, instead of indoor lighting.
- Use your computer effectively
- Turn off your computers and laptops when you are out for tea/ coffee breaks or lunch.
- If you are going out of office for a longer period, shut down you systems.
- Encourage the use of reusable utensils like cups, mugs plates etc. in office. This will reduce the waste and garbage.
For more tips and tricks visit our blog at http://www.mrright.in/ideas