A solar panel is a product which absorbs the light and energy from the sun and converts it into usable electric energy. Solar panels are installed on top of residential and commercial buildings these days to generate heat and electricity and you too can get one for yourself. There are many different types of solar panels available in the market nowadays from which you can make your choice. But all these options are divided into three main categories, which are explained as follows for your help and purchasing reference.
1. Monocrystalline solar panels
Monocrystalline solar panels came into bring in the 1950s and in them, the cells are cut in a cylindrical fashion from silicon. Tens of cells come up together to make up one Monocrystalline panel.
Advantages of monocrystalline solar panels:
- The main advantage of such a solar panel is that they provide highest performance rates which is upto 21%.
- They are made using very high quality silicon and make a much better use of space as compared to the other kinds of panels.
- Monocrystalline solar panels perform well in low light conditions and come with a warranty of about 25 years.
Disadvantages of monocrystalline solar panels:
- However it is important to know that these panels are expensive and the problem of circuit break down is common with them.
2. Polycrystalline solar panel
Polycrystalline solar panels are also among the 3 different types of solar panels and are made from silicon like Monocrystalline panels. But instead of being shaped like wafers, silicon is poured in a mold to form these panels.
Advantages of polycrystalline solar panels:
- The main advantage of using polycrystalline solar panels is that they produce good high temperature ratings and there is very little waste produced after the manufacturing process which makes them cost effective.
Disadvantages of Polycrystalline solar panels:
- The disadvantage of using these panels is that they produce only about 15% efficiency which is quite low.
- Moreover they need a lot of space to be installed to produce the same yield as Monocrystalline panels.
3. Thin film solar panel
Another one of the different types of solar panels is the thin film solar panels. These are produced by stacking layer upon layer of photovoltaic element like organic photovoltaic cells or amorphous silicon.
Advantages of thin film solar panels:
- One of the biggest advantages of these types of solar panels is that they are really lightweight.
- Several factors like low light conditions etc do not hinder the performance of these panels.
- Moreover they are easy to mass produce and are an affordable option.
It is true that there are many positives of using thin film solar panels but there are certain negatives too.
Disadvantages of thin film solar panels:
- They produce an efficiency of just about 7 to 13% which is very low.
- Also, they do not last long and take up a lot of space to be installed.
- To purchase this type of solar panels, you will need to purchase several other supporting items as well. This increases the overall costs.
For solar panel installation or general home appliances repair or installation, you can contact Mr Right services.
Leave a reply →
Never before have I seen Your Work is so dedicated, hard-working, and yet still tenacious at the same time. You’re an inspiration to all of us! You can make electricity by using solar panels and windmills.
I appreciate the advantages of thin film solar panels
We maintenance ALL brands and models of domestic equipment incorporating; washing machines, refrigerator freezers,dishwashers, tumble dryers, washing machine cookers, ovens and dryers hobs. All our vehicle repairs are provided as usual with the six months time parts and labour ensure.
We have been the home appliance correct health experts and our engineers have formerly efficiently fixed appliances for the kitchen for more than 100,000 houses in Dubai. Whether it be your Washing Cooker, Machine, Fridge and freezer Dish-washer or Tumble Clothes dryer who has designed a negligence we are going to do all we can to correct it for your needs, extremely fast! All our auto repairs are guaranteed and you may ebook over the web 24/7.
Thank admin, I appreciate your effort, you have quality content on your website,
I have bookmarked for future pursue. Keep it up Truly decent and intriguing post. I was searching for this sort of data and delighted in perusing this one.
Continue posting. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing
Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up. very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
Do they have any for recreational vehicles and are they out there for sale?
Hi Team,I have a mecer Inverter 4000/5000watts,connected to 4 batteries 200Ah,12 monocrytalline panels,60volts.
My total load is 800watts and I get 1.650watts during sunny day but when it is cloudy the system fails to work.The watts drops to 500watts.
Charles from Zambia