Summer is that time of year when mosquitoes start invading your home. There are some very simple tips to control mosquitoes and keep them away from your home.
Keep it clean
- Standing water is an open invitation for mosquitoes to breed. Just by keeping the yard free of standing water, you can prevent them from entering your home to a large extent. Dispose off pots, old tires, buckets and other containers that collect water.
- Keep the indoor and outdoor drains clean and clog-free.
- Repair leaky faucets to prevent water stagnation.
- Keep your surroundings clean and trash-free.
- Turn over the plastic swimming pool of your kids when not in use.
- Clean and chlorinate your swimming pool regularly.
- Change water in your coolers everyday and keep them dry when not in use.
- Trim out the shrubs and plants.
- Plant bug-repelling plants in your garden and backyard to keep mosquitoes at bay. Lemon grass, Tulsi, Neem, Marigold and garlic plants are excellent mosquito repellent.
- Herbal air freshener: Use lavender oil or clove oil in your electric oil diffuser air freshener to keep mosquitoes away from your house.
- Cover up: Wear long sleeve shirts and long cotton pants when going outside.
- Use fan: If the air is moving, mosquitoes will have a hard time landing on you. So turn on your ceiling and table fan and give a hard time to these uninvited guests.
- Keep your doors and windows closed in the evening.
- Burn herbal coils.
Mosquito control treatment
Follow some simple tips to control mosquitoes and take a seasonal mosquito control service to keep them away from home.