Summer is that time of year when mosquitoes start invading your home. There are some very simple tips to keep mosquitoes away from your home.
Keep it clean
- Standing water is an open invitation for mosquitoes to breed. Just by keeping the yard free of standing water, you can prevent them from entering your home to a large extent. Dispose off pots, old tires, buckets and other containers that collect water.
- Keep the indoor and outdoor drains clean and clog-free.
- Repair leaky faucets to prevent water stagnation.
- Keep your surroundings clean and trash-free.
- Turn over the plastic swimming pool of your kids when not in use.
- Clean and chlorinate your swimming pool regularly.
- Change water in your coolers everyday and keep them dry when not in use.
- Trim out the shrubs and plants.
- Plant bug-repelling plants in your garden and backyard to keep mosquitoes at bay. Lemon grass, Tulsi, Neem , Marigold and garlic plants are excellent mosquito repellent.
- Herbal air freshener: Use lavender oil or clove oil in your electric oil diffuser air freshener to keep mosquitoes away from your house.
- Cover up: Wear long sleeve shirts and long cotton pants when going outside.
- Use fan: If the air is moving, mosquitoes will have a hard time landing on you. So turn on your ceiling and table fan and give a hard time to these uninvited guests.
- Keep your doors and windows closed in the evening.
- Burn herbal coils.
Mosquito control treatment
Take a seasonal mosquito control service to keep them away from home.