The rainy season is here and it brings along with it a number of woes and troubles and one of them is insects and mosquitoes. Mosquitoes not only spread germs but also diseases. They feed on blood and cause a lot of irritation when you go out. Mosquitoes can spread several diseases such as yellow fever, west Nile virus and encephalitis. Besides diseases, mosquito biting can also cause irritation, itching and redness etc. It is true that there are a number of over the counter products for mosquito bites but it is better to go for natural or home remedies to keep mosquitoes from biting. Some of them are given as follows:
1. Use apple cider vinegar
One of the most effective home remedies to keep mosquitoes from biting is using apple cider vinegar. Given below are some ways to use it:
- This vinegar can be rubbed on the skin to keep mosquitoes and insects away.
- You can also put this on foods that you eat as eating those foods can develop a natural body odor which repels insects.
- You can also make drinks containing apple cider vinegar and one of them is switchel.
2. Use garlic
Garlic in various forms too works as one of the home remedies to keep mosquitoes from biting. The following are some ways to use it as a guard against mosquitoes:
- You can swallow slivered garlic to keep off summer pests.
- Some other ways to consume garlic include in the form of garlic tablets, rubbing garlic juice on the skin directly etc.
- As a substitute to garlic, some people also apply onion or radish juice to the skin to keep insects like mosquitoes away.
3. Use lemon eucalyptus oil
Another wonderful natural way to keep mosquitoes from biting us is using lemon eucalyptus oil. Refer to the following to know how to use it:
- This oil can be rubbed or applied to the entire body as its odor repels mosquitoes and thus prevents them from biting.
- It can also be put on clothes to avoid mosquitoes from coming close.
4. Use vanilla extract
A lot of people also find use in imitation vanilla extract to keep mosquitoes away. This extract has a strong odor which mosquitoes get repelled by. Refer to the following to know how to use it:
- For this same purpose, you can also try baby oil by rubbing it on the skin.
5. Keep mosquitoes away from your yard
A good way to prevent mosquitoes from biting you is to keep them away from your yard altogether. This will reduce possibilities of bites and them entering the house as well.
- For this purpose, you can try burning a little bit of rosemary or sage over coals or eliminate possible breeding sites such as collected water etc.
- Adding plants like marigold, asters, basil, coriander etc can also keep mosquitoes away from your yard and hence at a safe distance from you.
- Adding a bat house to your yard can also reduce mosquitoes since it is a fact that a single small bat can eat upto 600 mosquitoes in one hour.
Now that you know the various home remedies to keep mosquitoes from biting, you too can follow these methods and stay clear of any germs and diseases this summer.
Leave a reply →
This is why mosquito repellent clothing is critical for your kid
It is a strange situation across India – a pattern that everybody knows about, even the government acknowledges, and even then, year-on-year thousands, including kids, are infected by the onslaught of mosquito-related diseases. The fatality rate too is alarming when it comes to mosquito-borne diseases like Zika and Malaria in the nation while overseas, Yellow Fever seems like a huge challenge. What makes things more shocking is the fact that these diseases have no permanent treatment, and virologists claim that the evolution of disease-spreading insects has been mapped. Still, there is no reassuring mosquito-elimination option out there that families can adopt!
Does this mean mosquito-repelling clothes are relevant for Indian kids?
Yes! Mosquito repellent clothing might seem a slightly alien concept but it is deeply rooted into science. The technology at work here has been tested and is being used in many parts of the world. A globally-renowned fabric-treatment technology provider, Insect Shield has been making everyday clothes insect-repellent with its patented fabric-treatment methods. As a result, the user does not need to rub, dab, spray, re-apply, or fog anything! Just wear the clothes and insects will keep away – yes, the concept and the final product provides this unbelievable level of simplicity!
Is this technology available in India? Is it actually useful for kids?
BugShield Clothing ensures its apparels effectively keep away the deadliest mosquitoes, even in the wet season for up to 70 washing cycles. BugShield apparels use Insect Shield Technology to make fabric treatment invisible, ensuring it does not affect the look & feel of clothes. This type of insect repellent clothing for children gives parents the peace of mind that kids playing outdoors, running around in playgrounds, or attempting summer camps are protected from mosquito/insect bites. As a parent you don’t need to worry about any allergic reactions as BugShield apparels have proven to feel soft and ensure maximum comfort for kids of all ages. The fabric treatment cannot be traced in any way – making these apparels good enough to be worn at home during the mosquito-infested monsoon season or when participating in outdoor school activities!