Dengue fever is an infectious disease which is caused by the bite of an infected mosquito. This disease is more common in tropical climates and places like Asia and Middle East etc. Some of the common symptoms of dengue include high fever, rashes, vomiting, and nausea and body pain. The disease also causes severe muscle pain due to which it is also often referred to as the break bone fever.
Dengue can be cured through proper treatment and good diet but the number of days that one may take to recover may vary from case to case. For example some who suffer from its extreme form known as dengue hemorrhagic fever may take a longer time. To know how long does it take to recover from dengue fever and tips to recover fast, you can go through the following given article:
General time of recovery
Recovery time in most cases of the disease:
- The symptoms may start showing about 4 to 7 days after the mosquito bite however the infection remains from day one.
- The patient may take a time of 10-14 days to get rid of the infection from the body.
- Once the symptoms start appearing, another week is needed for the infection to be flushed out through proper treatment and recommended diet.
- But in the cases where the symptoms are detected late and hence treatment is not received on time, it may take the patient a little longer to recover. After the incubation period of 10-14 days, one has to go through another week of acute symptoms and then a few days of complete recovery.
In very rare cases the symptoms may take a longer time to disappear.
The hemorrhagic dengue fever time of recovery
In the case when the dengue touches a dangerous end and becomes hemorrhagic dengue fever, the symptoms and problem last for a longer time and take more days for recovery. The symptoms of hemorrhagic fever, which is an extreme case of dengue in which one experiences vascular permeability and other serious effects, start showing from the one of the first week after you start noticing the signs of dengue fever. Those experiencing hemorrhagic fever may need to be hospitalized and are usually closely monitored by specialists.
Tips to recover fast
Now that you know how long does it take to recover from dengue fever, the next thing you need to know is how can one recover faster. Well the answer to this is that one can recover fast through proper treatment, professional advice and good diet. The following are some tips you can follow to recover fast:
- There are several foods which you can consume in order to fasten your recovery period from dengue. These include orange, porridge, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal tea and vegetable juices.
- Papaya leaves are definitely the most effective way to treat dengue. All you need to do to use them is to extract juice out of them and have two tablespoons of this juice every day.
- One must also eat protein rich foods and have fruit juices on a regular basis to ensure a quicker recovery.
- It is important to take doctor’s advice and consultation before trying any home or herbal remedies as sometimes a combination of prescription medicines and home remedies may not go well together. Thus doctor’s consultation is a must!
- Besides this, dengue patients must get a lot of rest as dengue can cause tiredness and fatigue. Moreover they must come back to their normal routine life slowly and not all at once.
- They must drink a lot of fluids to flush out the infection from their bodies fast.
- In case of hemorrhagic fever,patients must be admitted to the hospital and kept under proper medical supervision.
To prevent dengue one must keep their houses and surroundings clean so as to ensure that there are no insects or mosquitoes. For complete home cleaning, you can get in touch with Mr. Right solutions.