A set top box is a commonly found device in people’s homes these days. This device helps us watch our favourite TV channels through satellite transmission and works along with the dish that is installed on our terraces or balconies. However in some cases when you are shifting or when you need to change the position of your set top box, you may need to know the exact procedure or steps of relocation.This is why we have brought you a list of tips and steps to follow for set top box relocation and they are given as follows:
1. Contact the service provider
If you are someone who is moving to a new location or address then it is possible that you can get your existing set top box connection transferred or relocated. However this may depend upon your service provider and also on the feasibility of relocation to the new location. This is why you must contact your satellite TV service provider and talk to them about the relocation. You will have to provide them with the details of your request and new address and they will then check the possibility or feasibility of it.
For example, in cases where the provider doesnt offer its services, he may not be able to help with relocation and you may have to get a new connection altogether.
2. Moving the connection
In case the relocation is possible, the following steps may be followed:
- The service provider will check your previous dues and may ask you to clear them before relocation.
- In some cases, this may not be required as you will be able to pay your bill at the completion of the billing cycle itself.
- After this, when you move to the new location, then the service provider or technician will visit you and install the set top box and the previous dish but with the same user ID.
- Thus make sure when moving out of your previous location, you let him remove the dish connection as well as the set top box.
3. If the set top box relocation is not feasible
In some cases, set top box relocation may not be possible, depending upon the new location and other factors. This is what will happen in this case:
- In such a case, you will either have to pay your dues to disconnect your service or ask for the refund amount for the days that you won’t be using the connection.
- You will have to contact the service provider to disconnect your service, remove the dish and take the set top box.
- Moreover you can then contact a new service provider which provides services in the area that you are moving to so as to install a new connection for you.
Now that you know the steps to take and the procedure to follow for set top box relocation, you can easily shift base without having to worry about anything. Make sure you contact the technicians or service provider on time so that the process goes smoothly and you don’t have to wait much. For any kind of DTH installation or DTH relocation services, you can contact Mr Right.
Leave a reply →
For your convenience, we offer in Kuwait فني ستلايت Company the best satellite services in all the beloved governorates of the State of Kuwait and in all regions where now you do not have to leave your home and go to the satellite shop in order to solve your problem,