These days, most of us have Dish TV connection at home and even in offices and this connection requires an antenna to function. Over a period of time, the antenna of dish TVs tends to change in angle and may go out of alignment. It may then require some adjustment so that you can receive good reception. When it comes to professionals the dish TV antenna can be adjusted using a signal meter to get the best possible strength but it is also possible for one to do this job without using any device. The following are some steps and ways that will help you adjust a dish TV antenna.
- The first step is to turn on the TV as well as the receiver.
- Wait for the message to appear on the screen. Press on the menu button on the remote and cancel is the default item which will be selected.
- Press the point dish option for system setup and then click on installation.
- Now Press point dish again and the menu will appear.
- Move the highlighter to the ‘satellite’ box option and change the satellite number to 119.
- Move the transponder to the number 11 and let the signal strength update itself accordingly.
- Now if a green signal box appears then it is indicative of the fact that the receiver had locked on to the satellite.
Satellite Finder SF-95 Signal Satfinder Meter FTAFor Sat Directv Dish TV
This is an ideal device to search/upscale the signal strength of the satellite signal to your dish tv
Here are some other Signal Meters you can find online:-
- Sundaram & Co Retail Solid SF-252 Digital Satellite Db Meter
- Solid SF-252 Digital Satellite dB Meter
- SOLID SF-90 Analogue Satellite dB Meter
- Now you need to stand behind the dish and place your hand at the 12 o’ clock position on the reflector and push forward.
- Ask someone to check the signal strength and give it time to update.
- Pull the reflector back towards you once someone has checked the strength.
- Repeat this step at 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock position.
- This will help in small signal strength changes.
- Now you may need to loosen the bolts if required and adjust the dish in the direction as needed.
- If you need any help then you can refer to the dish antenna installation section of the receiver manual.
- This will help to identify the locations of the bolts.
- Now move the dish in small portions of one sixteenth of an inch in the direction desired.
- Now ask someone to check the signal strength indicator with each of the move you make.
- Give 10 seconds after you make each increment.
- When the bar of the signal strength turns green then move the dish a little in back and forth direction to get the best signal possible.
- Now tighten the bolts again and check the signal strength to ensure the signal strength hasn’t changed.
- Press the cancel key or button given on the remote 3 times to return to the picture.
- You may now done the process to adjust the dish TV antenna.
Viewtv VT-163 ATSC Digital TV Converter Box and Media Playerwith Recording PVR Function
digital tv converter box and media player. Comes with with recording PVR function, HDMI , coaxial, composite out / USB input
Here are some of the best Set Top boxes you can find online:-
- KKmoon GTMEDIA GTT-2 Android 6.0 TV Box DVB-T/T2/Cable(J83.A/B/C)/ISDBT Set-top Box Built-in 2.4G WI-FI Amlogic S905D 4K Playback TV Receiver Support 3D Multimedia Player
- Airtel Digital TV HD DTH Set Top Box Connection and 12 Months Dabang Sports HD Pack and Fast Installation
- T95 Max Smart TV Box [2020 Latest Version] Android 9 4GB 32GB, 6K, Android TV Box, WiFi, LAN, USB3.0 Support Apps Like Zoom Meetings, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams ETC- 1 Year Warranty
Now that you have learnt how to adjust a dish TV antenna, you can do it anytime on your own and without professional help. However you will need help of atleast one person. But if you are unsure of this, then you can get TV repair and services by contacting Mr Right services.
Leave a reply →
nice post keep it up
We at فني ستلايت Company in Kuwait are pleased to provide all services for satellite repair and satellite maintenance, as well as installing satellite in all the beloved governorates and cities of the State of Kuwait, starting from Farwaniya, Hawalli, South Surra, Salwa, Salmiya, Qurain, Sabah Al-Dhahr, Al- Firdaws, Al-Rumaithiya, Al-Asimah, Al-Zahra, Al-Nuzha, Ahmed and Al-Jahra in all regions of the new country. We will provide you with the best possible service.
Thank you for sharing bt i have signal problem on AsiaSat-7
I have signal problem
What we can do if someone transponder is not receiving signal in DishTV Set top Box.
Hello, thank you very much, i want attach dth cable in the setop box but i have problem which sockit plugin. out or in
thanks for sharing