Refrigerator is a complex machine. Also, it is the hardest working home appliance that is operational round the clock, keeping your food fresh. Due to rigorous use and wear and tear, a refrigerator may develop issues like cooling problem, defrost problem, faulty wiring, broken drain plate, sparking from socket, door closing problem, drain blockage etc. that require refrigerator repair service.
Common problems with a refrigerator that require repair are:
Defective fridge MCB
If your fridge does not start it is always recommended to check the MCB (miniature circuit breaker). Problem with MCB can be a leading cause of refrigerator breakdown. In such case call a refrigerator repair professional.
A leading reason behind refrigerator not working is insufficient current or voltage to the unit. Check the current and voltage of the outlet with a multi-meter and voltage tester device.
Here are some Multimeters you can find online :-
- HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter Dmm
- Uni-T Ut-33D Digital Multimeter With Continuity Buzzer
- Freshdcart DT-266 Clamp Multimeter Auto Ranging Amp Current Voltage Measurement Device
- Mextech DT-603 Digital Multimeter
A defective motor is a leading reason behind refrigerator not working problem. In many cases, the refrigerator unit will shut down immediately or won’t start at all if the motor is defective. Motors usually have to be replaced when they get broken. In such case, call a fridge repair professional.
Here are some Fan Motors you can find online:-
- Fan Motor Suitable for Godrej Frost Free Refrigerator (Genuine)
- Fan Motor Suitable for Samsung Refrigerators,- with 2 Pin Connector
- Fan Motor Suitable for LG/BPL Frost Free/Double Door Refrigerators- 3 Pin Connectors(Multi Color)(Match and Buy)
- Fan Motor Suitable for Videocon Frost Free Refrigerators-2 Pin Connector
- Fan Motor Suitable for Whirlpool Refrigerators (Black)
A compressor is the heart of a refrigerator unit which is responsible for refrigeration cycle. If the fridge does not work, the compressor might be defective. The compressor is a motor which compresses the refrigerant or coolant and circulates the refrigerant through the evaporator and condenser coils. Problems with your compressor may cause the fridge to shut down. Keeping compressor clean and lubricated can help to prevent refrigerator start-up problem.
Dirty condenser coils
At the back of a refrigerator there are condenser coils that convert high pressure high temperature gas into high pressure liquid. During this conversion, the condenser coils dissipate a lot of heat from the rear end. If the condenser coils are covered with dirt, heat may not dissipate properly and refrigerator may not work efficiently and may stop working completely.
If the fridge doesn’t have enough coolant, it may not turn on or may not operate correctly. The coolant circulates through the evaporator coils and cools the air flowing over it and eventually sends cold air in the food section. So when the level of this refrigerant becomes insufficient, the refrigerator may not work properly. We recommend you to consult a refrigerator repair professional to refill the coolant.
Faulty start capacitor
When the fridge is switched ON, the thermostat sends a signal to the start capacitor to trigger the compressor and start the refrigeration cycle of fridge. But when the capacitor goes bad, it fails to trigger refrigeration cycle and in some case the refrigerator does not even start.
A bad thermostat is a leading cause of refrigerator not working problem. A defective thermostat cannot transmit start signal to start capacitor and the refrigerator does not turn on. In such situation call a PRO for refrigerator repair.
Here are some recommended Thermostats you can find online:-
- Thermostat Compatible with Videocon Single Door Refrigerator (Match & Buy)
- Thermostat for Godrej Single Door Refrigerator Spares (Grey)
- Thermostat for Whirlpool Single Door Refrigerator
- Thermostat Compatible with Godrej Old Model Single Door Refrigerator
- Thermostat for Samsung Single Door Refrigerator (Match & Buy)
- Thermostat-Suitable for Videocon Direct Cool or Single Door refrigerators. Manual Defrost
- Thermostat Suitable for LG Single Door/Direct Cool Refrigerators
- Thermostat Suitable for LG, Samsung, Godrej, Videocon, Intex, Whirlpool and Other Refrigerator
These are some common reasons behind refrigerator not working but there can be other reasons as well. Hire the best refrigerator repair professionals today and let them take care of your expensive refrigerator.