Though all the refrigerators look more or less the same from the inside and perform the same function, they vary from each other on factors like color, design, and finish. Finding the right refrigerator is a time-consuming task but decisions about such big and long-term investments should not be made in a haste. To help you in your research, we have made a list of the best refrigerators of 2021 in the USA for you. Let us discuss some of these top refrigerators in detail.
Our top recommended refrigerators of 2021
Based on various factors such as technology, design, size, etc., the following are the best refrigerators of 2021 in the USA for you:
- Insignia™ Top-Freezer Refrigerator – NS-RTM18WH8Q– This refrigerator model tops the list of best refrigerators of 2021 with ample freezer space and customizable refrigerator storage. The electronic control panel allows you to adjust the temperature of your refrigerator as per your preference. The frost-free defrosting removes the issue of defrosting your refrigerator manually every time and the humidity-controlled crisper drawers keep your food moisture-free.
- Samsung Side-by-Side Refrigerator – RS27T5200SR– Samsung 27.4 Cu.ft. is a large-capacity refrigerator with a modern design and fingerprint-resistant finish. This refrigerator also has a minimal display dispenser and an indoor ice maker that offers more space for your other frozen foods in the freezer section. The multi-vent technology keeps all the shelves in your refrigerator evenly cool. The door alarm informs you if the refrigerator or freezer door is left open.
- LG French InstaView Door-in-Door Refrigerator with Wifi and Dual Ice Maker – LFXS26596S– This LG refrigerator stands out for its design and innovation with an InstaView Door-in-Door technology that allows you to look inside the refrigerator without opening the door and losing the cold air. The smudge and fingerprint-resistant finish of the refrigerator makes it easy to clean. The LG SmartThinQ technology helps you in controlling the key features of your refrigerator from anywhere. The ice and water dispenser has a pharmaceutical water filter to provide you with clean and healthy water.
- Insignia™ Upright Convertible Freezer/Refrigerator – NS-UZ21WH0– The Insignia convertible freezer/refrigerator comes with touch-sensitive controls and a digital display. You can easily freeze your fresh foods with the quick freeze mode or refrigerate your food with the help of its convertible feature. It also comes with a door-open alarm to alert you when the refrigerator door is open for too long and prevents loss of cold air.
- LG Door-in-Door Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water – LSXS26366S– This LG side-by-side refrigerator has ample food storage space for all your food and the door-in-door technology offers easy access to your favorite food and beverages while preventing the loss of cold air. The smart cooling system helps in monitoring and maintaining the conditions inside the refrigerator and keeping your food fresh for a longer time. You can also troubleshoot and any issues quickly and efficiently with the help of the SmartDiagnosis technology.
Some additional recommended refrigerators are:
- Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator Fingerprint Resistant – WRS321SDHZ
- Whirlpool Top-Freezer Refrigerator – WRT518SZFM
- Samsung Side-by-Side Counter-Depth Refrigerator – RS22T5201SR/AA
- Amana Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Water and Ice Dispenser – ASI2575GRS
- Samsung 3-Door French Door Refrigerator with External Water & Ice Dispenser – RF27T5201SR/AA
- Insignia™ Top-Freezer Refrigerator – NS-RTM18WH7
- Maytag French Door Refrigerator – MFI2570FEZ
Refrigerator buying guide: How to get the best refrigerator for you?
When you want to buy a refrigerator for yourself, there are some dynamics that you must consider to get the right one for you. The refrigerator buying guide helps you in understanding all the important factors important for deciding which refrigerator is best suited for you and your home. Following are the points to keep in mind while buying a refrigerator:
- Capacity: The capacity of the refrigerator you need depends on the size of the family or the number of members in your family. It determines the average amount of food that can be stored in a refrigerator. The capacity of refrigerators usually varies from 150 to 850 liters, but there are also some smaller refrigerators most suitable for people living alone and have a capacity of 40 to 100 liters.
- Space: Measure the area where you want to place your refrigerator and also measure the refrigerator you want to make sure it will fit in the area designated for it. Also, remember that there should be a free space of at least 1 inch on the top and back of the refrigerator so that the heat can escape. There should also be enough space in the front of the refrigerator so that you can open the refrigerator door easily.
- Defrosting method: The refrigerators come with two types of defrosting methods namely direct cool and frost-free. The direct cooling method uses less energy but also causes uneven distribution of the cool air while the frost-free method offers even cooling but is a bit expensive than the other method.
- Types of refrigerators: There are six main types of refrigerators that you can find based on size and design namely, single door refrigerator, double door refrigerator, triple door refrigerator, french door refrigerator, side-by-side refrigerator, and mini-refrigerator.
- Compressors: The compressor helps in maintaining the temperature inside your refrigerator and there are two types of refrigerators i.e., General compressor and Inverter compressor. General compressors are used in small refrigerators while the inverter compressor is used in larger refrigerators and is more energy-efficient.
- Energy ratings: Energy Efficiency Ratings or EER are the star ratings given to the appliances and indicate their energy efficiency. Higher the star rating, the higher the energy efficiency. Always remember to check for the green and blue logo of BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) to make sure your refrigerator’s EER tag is authentic.
- Budget: The budget is also one of the most crucial factors to be considered while deciding which refrigerator you want to buy. The price varies on the basis of the type and size of the refrigerator.
- Brand warranty: When making big investments like buying a refrigerator, you should always go for brands offering extended warranties. Choose the ones where these extended warranties come without any extra cost.