The installation of the split air conditioners is a crucial job. If the installation is done accurately your air conditioner will give optimum cooling, but if it is not done properly you won’t get the desired cooling effect. A poor installations also leads to frequent maintenance problems.
Several factors have to considered during the installation of split air conditioner.
1. Strength of wall to hold the AC
The indoor unit of split AC must be installed on a wall strong enough to hold the unit’s weight.
2. Proper spacing between wall and AC unit
The indoor unit of split AC requires at least 15 cm of open space surrounding its top and sides for proper air flow.
3. Appropriate installation height from ground
Mount the indoor unit of split AC at a height of 7-8 feet above the ground for adequate cooling inside the room
4. Correct tilt angle of indoor unit
While fixing the aluminum bracket on wall make sure that the bracket is given a slight tilt angle, so that the indoor unit of split AC, when fitted is also at a slight angle to enable unrestricted flow of the condensed water from the drain pipe.
5. Correct location of outdoor unit
For proper cooling, mount the indoor and outdoor units of split AC at location away from direct sunlight and water. Install the outdoor unit of split AC in open space so that there is no hindrance to the heat dissipated from the condenser.
6. Proper placement of outdoor unit
The outdoor unit of split AC must be placed on a flat and rigid surface. This unit contains key components of split AC like compressor, condenser, fan motor etc. If the unit is not on a flat surface then it will vibrate excessively, which can lead to the breakage of copper pipes, coolant leakage and compressor/condenser damage. Further, the vibrating unit makes lots of noise which could disturb you and your neighbors.
Recommended Out Door Unit Stands available online:-
- AlexVyan Split AC Outdoor Unit Wall Mounting Bracket Stand for 1 Ton, 1.1 Ton, 1.2 Ton, 1.5 Ton, 2 Ton Outdoor Units (Pack of 2)
- Monitor Split AC Stand, White
- Split AC Outdoor Unit Floor Stand
7. Right distance between indoor and outdoor unit
Correct distance between the indoor and outdoor unit plays a very important role in cooling. The coolant at very low temperature flows inside the copper tubes between indoor and outdoor units of split AC. There is always some loss of cooling effect to the atmosphere when the refrigerant flows between the units. Hence to reduce this loss, keep the distance between the indoor unit of split AC and the outdoor unit of split AC as minimum as possible. The maximum allowable distance between the indoor and the outdoor units of split AC can be about 15 meters.
A good quality Copper Pipes are always recommended for AC Installation. Here, we have some recommendations for you:-
- Godrej High Quality Air Conditioner Copper Pipe
- Visiaro Soft Copper Pipe/Tube Pancake Coil, Outer Diameter – 1/4 inch and Wall Thickness – 23 guage
- Visiaro Soft Copper Pipe/Tube Pancake Coil, Outer Diameter – 3/8 inch and Wall Thickness – 23(L) guage
- Visiaro Soft Copper Pipe/Tube Pancake Coil, Outer Diameter – 1/2 inch and Wall Thickness – 23 guage
We recommend these AC Covers to keep your AC dust free when not in use:-
- Stylista ac Cover Set of Indoor and Outdoor Unit for 1 ton Capacity Lattice Pattern Grey
- Stylista Ac Cover Set Of Indoor And Outdoor Unit For 1.5 Ton Capacity
- SVK Dream Air Conditioning Dust Cover Waterproof Folding Ac Cover for Spilt Ac for 1 To 1.5 Tone AC (Assorted Color & Design)
- Stylista Split ac Cover Set of Indoor and Outdoor Unit 2 ton Capacity Surface Pattern Blue