A home theater system is quite common these days. It not only gives a touch of luxury to your home but also gives the pleasure to enjoy a movie in the comfort of your home. Installing a home theater system requires a little research, efforts and expenses. There are various things to consider like speaker quality,screen size, room type, lighting, seating etc. when planning for a full fledged home theater system.
Here are nine points you must keep in mind when setting up a home theater system:
- Player and Cables: You need a good quality DVD player and video cables for your home theater. To receive high quality signals go for HDMI cables. Also make sure that your DVD payer and audio- video cables are compatible with each other.
- Screen: It is very important part of the home theater system. The screen where you will watch your favorite movie should be a clear and of right size. It can be a high quality TV or a screen with projector. It totally depends upon the individual choice and budget. It you want the atmosphere of a real theater you can go for a projector mounted on the ceiling. But if your budget allows, you can go for high quality HD television screen. Keep in mind that the size of the screen (whichever you pick) should be in accordance with the room size.
- Distance between screen and seating: Correct distance between the screen and seating is very crucial for a good experience. Ideally the recommended distance between the screen and sitting arrangement is around 3 times the size of the screen.
- Speakers & Surround Sound: Speaker quality and placement is very important. It is the effect of surround sound that makes whatever you are watching come alive. You must place the speakers in such a way so that everyone in the room receives the best sound. Keep in mind that center speaker must be placed directly above or below the screen. The main speakers should be placed on both sides of the screen. And the surround speakers should be placed at each corner of the room. If you do not need a full organic surround sound, there are available 5.1 soundbars for living rooms that will do a similar work very well. They are quite popular due to their small form factor and portability nature.
- Soothing Lighting: Correct lighting in the room is very necessary to enhance the experience of watching a movie. A little light in the room helps your eyes adjust with the brightness of screen. If there is no light in the room then the brightness of the screen stress the eyes, making it difficult to watch movie. It would be good if you install dim lights on the walls and ceiling of your home theater room.
- Comfortable Furniture: Comfortable sitting arrangement doubles the experience of watching a movie. If you have a fat budget then go for comfortable sofas and recliners with proper arm rest. But if you have a limited budget then a standard couch would be a great option.
- Room Type: It would be great if you install your home theater in a room that is sound proof and little secluded, so that you can enjoy your movie without any outside noise. This will also safeguard you from any complaints from your neighbors about the sound from high volume speakers. If you do not have such silent room in your home then wherever you make your home theater, sound proof that room with heavy curtains and thick padded carpets.
- Proper Installation: Your home theater system has many wires and cables. Installing such device can be a task. Also if you wish to have a screen with projector, then correct placement of the projector is very crucial. So call for a professional help for home theater installation.
- Some add-on: Always keep food and beverage like popcorn and soda handy while watching a movie. A mini fridge in your home theater room would be a nice idea. To add to the experience, place some cushions and throws on the sofa or recliner and make your seating more comfortable.
All the efforts, expenses and hard work in installing a home theater pays off when you enjoy your favorite movie with your loved ones.
If you are looking for home theater installation and home theater repair professional in Delhi NCR, connect with Mr.Right.
Stay connected with us for more information on home repair and maintenance.
Leave a reply →
One of the things to consider before purchasing a home theatre is making sure that the installation process is completed properly and that each and every item is correctly placed. Take note of the visual and aural experience, as well as the space.
I really liked all the 9 points, thanks for the information
It’s good to know that the way the speakers are set up will affect the quality of the home theater experience. My neighbor was telling me last night about how she and her husband are wanting to look into getting one installed for their basement in a couple of weeks, and they want to make sure that they do everything right. I’ll make sure to pass these tips along to them once they find a service that can install a home theater in their basement for them.
It’s good to know about the different equipment needed for a home theater. My husband has always wanted a home theater. We will definitely use your tips to get the best sound systems installed.
Nice home theatre tips, it’s incredible the amount of difference good lighting can make to a modern home cinema.
Good advice about leaving off the glossy finishes (off everything), Matt finishes reduce and eliminate reflections and light that may be offputting to the viewers.
With the Display Port, Wireless HDMI, and DVI, you have the potential of 3 HDMI outputs with this card. Great for a triple plasma gaming rig?
That’s good to know that the distance between the seating and screen should be about three times the size of the screen. My parents have been wanting to have a home theater set up in their home, but there are a lot of details that they’re unsure of. I’ll send them this article, so they can get a better idea of what they’d like their home theater to look like.
I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
There are many things to look after before considering to buy a home theatre and one of them making sure about installation process and properly arrange each and every item for placing. Take care of space as well and observe the visual and audible experience. Check out our soundbar in Vancouver.
Thanks for sharing such a great blog with us. It gives the beautiful knowledge especially to the technical people. Well done
Installation is important, how you visualize the picture with accurate directions and how the sound frequencies travel, making it audible in every corner of house or room we can say. To make these happen, you need to have proper video and audio equipment from Vancouver firms and hire an installer which make your things sort our easily.
Smart Home Theater from Sound Hut is designed to create the ultimate lifestyle of comfort and convenience in your home. We can streamline and simplify all the technology in your home to make your life easier.Please call (806)372-4040 for all the details involved in The Sound Hut.