MCB i.e. Miniature Circuit Breaker is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect the electrical appliances and human beings from electrical shocks and faults.
In normal working conditions of the low voltage electrical network, a rated amount of current flows through the network. When any fault occurs in the network, current exceeds the rated limit. This increased flow of current can cause permanent damage to the electrical appliances. To save these appliances and individuals (operating those appliances) from any burn or damage, this high rated current needs to be interrupted as fast as possible. This is where MCB comes into picture. The MCB detects the excess current flow and immediately breaks the circuit. This can be seen as tripping action of the MCB knob. Previously, this job was done by fuse. These days MCB is more commonly used in low voltage electrical network than fuse.
MCB has several advantages over fuse:
- MCB is more sensitive to current than fuse. It detects any abnormality in the current flow and automatically switches off the electrical circuit.
- In case of MCB, the faulty zone of electrical circuit can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position. On the other hand in case of fuse, the complete fuse wire needs to be checked by opening fuse grip for confirming the faulty zone.
- With MCB it is very simple to resume to the supply. You just need to push the knob of MCB back to on position. But in case of fuse, the entire fuse wire needs to be replaced.
- MCB provides a better interface with the help of knob than a fuse. In case of fuse the compete handle needs to be taken care out.
- Handling MCB is electrically safer than handling a fuse.
- MCB is reusable and hence has less maintenance and replacement cost. Whereas a fuse needs to be replaced whenever it goes faulty.
Here are some of the MCB units that we would recommend:
If you are looking for electrician for fuse repair or MCB repair in Delhi NCR, connect with Mr.Right.