MCB i.e. Miniature Circuit Breaker is an automatically operated electrical switch designed to protect the electrical appliances and human beings from electrical shocks and faults.
In normal working conditions of the low voltage electrical network, a rated amount of current flows through the network. When any fault occurs in the network, current exceeds the rated limit. This increased flow of current can cause permanent damage to the electrical appliances. To save these appliances and individuals (operating those appliances) from any burn or damage, this high rated current needs to be interrupted as fast as possible. This is where MCB comes into picture. The MCB detects the excess current flow and immediately breaks the circuit. This can be seen as tripping action of the MCB knob. Previously, this job was done by fuse. As a result of the numerous advantages of MCB over fuse, MCB is more commonly used in low voltage electrical network than fuse these days.
Following are some of the advantages of MCB over fuse:
- MCB is more sensitive to current than fuse. It detects any abnormality in the current flow and automatically switches off the electrical circuit.
- In case of MCB, the faulty zone of electrical circuit can be easily identified. Faulty circuit trips to the off position. On the other hand in case of fuse, the complete fuse wire needs to be checked by opening fuse grip for confirming the faulty zone.
- With MCB it is very simple to resume to the supply. You just need to push the knob of MCB back to on position. But in case of fuse, the entire fuse wire needs to be replaced.
- MCB provides a better interface with the help of knob than a fuse. In case of fuse the complete handle needs to be taken care out.
- Handling MCB is electrically safer than handling a fuse.
- MCB is reusable and hence has less maintenance and replacement cost. Whereas a fuse needs to be replaced whenever it goes faulty.
Here are some of the MCB units that we would recommend:
- Anchor by Panasonic 98004 Polycarbonate 1-Pole Uno Series MCB
- Schneider Polycarbonate Acti 9 32-A 1-Pole MCB
- Havells DHMGBSPF025 PVC Plastic 25A MCB
- Siemens 5SL61167RC Plastic 16A 1 Pole MCB
We recommend these multipurpose electric tester you can use:-
- Plastic AC 90V-1000V Voltage Tester Detector Pencil Multifunction Test Pen with LED
- Taparia Multi Purpose Digital Line Tester
- Fancyku® Voltage Tester 90~1000V AC Tester LED Light Non-Contact Pen
- HTC Non-Contact AC V 48-1000V Voltage Test Pen Detector Meter
Here are some Multipurpose Multimeters your can find online:-
- HTC Instrument Mas 830L Digital Pocket Multimeter Dmm
- Uni-T Ut-33D Digital Multimeter With Continuity Buzzer
- Freshdcart DT-266 Clamp Multimeter Auto Ranging Amp Current Voltage Measurement Device
- Mextech DT-603 Digital Multimeter
If you are looking for electrician for fuse repair or MCB repair in Delhi NCR, connect with Mr.Right.
Leave a reply →
now its clear why we should prefer MCB over fuse