A camera is an extremely useful device and one which helps us capture memories and store them for life. However due to certain issues, it can be difficult to use the camera in its best form. One of these issues is moisture in camera lens. Too much moisture can even damage the lens and this must be avoided. There are many reasons due to which moisture can reach the lens of your camera such as using camera in high humidity conditions or using it during rains etc.
Moisture tends to make pictures blurry and may not allow you to capture images properly. Moisture can reduce the battery life as well as the overall life span of the camera as well. Thus it is important to learn how to remove moisture in camera lens. To find this out, you can go through the following given information.
1. Use silica gel
One of the most common solutions and also the most effective to remove moisture in camera lens is to make use of silica gel. Silica gel helps to pull moisture out of electronics and even camera lenses. It is easily available at departmental stores, art and craft stores and other similar places. You can also buy it online. Follow the given procedure to use this gel to remove moisture from your lens:
- All you need to do is to place some near the camera lens to help the moisture be absorbed by the gel.
- You will first have to place the silica gel in a plastic bag, remove the battery or film of the camera and place the camera in the plastic bag as well.
- You may have to leave the bag in a warm place for a few days to help the gel absorb the moisture from the camera completely.
2. Put it in an airtight bag containing uncooked rice
- Another fabulous way to remove moisture from your camera lens is to put it in an airtight bag which contains uncooked rice.
- The uncooked rice will absorb the moisture from the camera lens and hence put it back in working condition again.
3. Put it in sunlight
- This may sound like an obvious solution but if nothing works, then it is a good idea to put your camera lens in the sunlight for sometime.
- The sun will soak the moisture and dry the interior parts of the lens.
To avoid moisture or water from entering your camera or its lens again, it is important to keep certain points and preventive tips in mind. They are given as follows:
- For starters, avoid using the camera in extremely humid conditions as moisture tends to enter the lens in such cases.
- Also, keep your camera in a bag when not being used rather than out in the open for a long time. You can also place silica gel packets in the camera bag when the camera is not being used so as to keep moisture away.
- Avoid using camera in rainy conditions, near beaches or other water bodies. But in case you are using it in such surroundings, remember to use protective camera gear to avoid moisture from seeping in.
Cameras are expensive devices which must be used with care and caution. Water or moisture can damage your device completely and as soon as you observe moisture in the camera lens, try following the tips given above. A little delay can prove to be an expensive mistake. However if you are unable to solve the issue of moisture in camera lens, you can always contact a professional. Reach out to Mr Right for all your camera and general home appliances repair needs.