Microwave has become a must have kitchen appliance today. It is being used very often for cooking, baking and heating purpose. It has made cooking a joyful experience. But it is very important to follow some microwave safety measures while using and handling this appliance:
Here are 10 safety measures that must be followed while using a microwave:
1. Avoid Metals and papers: Do not use any metal container /metal utensil or any cookware that has metal handle or trims to avoid fire inside microwave. Always remove the aluminium foil from the food item before heating them in microwave.Also do not use paper cups or paper disposable utensils for cooking and heating.
Calypso Basics by Reston Lloyd 6-Piece Microwave Cookware, Steamer and Storage SetClear Lids with Adjustable Steamer Vent | Bowls Nest Inside Each Other
This storage & cookware set is a great addition to your kitchen cookware arsenal. These durable PP (BPA free) bowls are microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe. The set comes with three bowls (24oz, 32oz, 40oz sizes) each that come with a clear lid that has a built-in steamer valve. These bowls are great to make small meals in as well as serve and store away. Left over’s are easy to reheat and are great for taking to work/school for lunch. Get cooking today with these durable and fun colorful cookware & storage dishes..
We recommend some more Microwave Safe utensils for cooking and heating:-
- Maconee Deluxe Nonstick Microwave Pot/Pan 7.5 Inch Cookware Set with Lid for Pizza, Steak, Chicken, French Fries, Tacos, Omelet, Bacon Strips
- 7 Piece Microwave Cooking Pot Set with Handles | 3 Pots, 3 Lids and 1 Universal Vented Lid – by Home-X
- ECO Matters(Microwave Safe)Bamboo Toddler Bowls – 4 pc Set – Best Eco Friendly, Non Toxic Bamboo Bowls for Kids – Dishwasher & Microwave Safe – Natural BPA Free Biodegradable Baby Bowl
2. No flammable food or beverage: Do not heat or cook any food and beverage item that is flammable in nature ( i.e. items that catch fire). Heating such items can cause fire or explosion inside microwave
3. No sealed food and beverage items: Do not heat food items that are packed and sealed. Heating such items can lead to explosion inside the microwave. First take out the food from sealed packet and then heat it in a microwavable dish or utensil.
4. Place microwave away from heating sources in the kitchen: Do not keep it near or beneath any cooking or heating appliance.This can lead to over heating of the microwave.
5. Do not cover the vent of microwave at the top when it is in use: Also do not cover any part of the microwave with metal foil. This can lead to over heating of the appliance and sometimes even risk of fire.
6. Never ever attempt to use microwave with door open as this act can lead to exposure to microwave energy.
7. If food items or materials inside the oven catches fire, immediately turn off the power, unplug the device and keep oven door closed.
8. After cooking or heating, allow the utensil or dish to stand in the microwave oven for a short time before taking it out. This will bring down the temperature of the hot container and will protect the user from risk of any injury or burn.
HOMWE Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven MittFlexible Oven Gloves
Offering protection up to 450°F, our oven gloves with quilted lining offer improved comfort while cooking. They will also spare tender forearms from burns that can occur when your outdoor grill experiences a flare-up. They will not catch fire or melt when used near a flame.
You can always use these Microwave Mitts also to reduce the risk of burn or any injury:-
- Dexas Micromitt Silicone Oven Mitt, Set of Two, Red
- Mini Oven Mitts with Fridge Magnets Great for handling Cookware, Bake-ware, BBQ, Microwave
- Encasa XO Long 14 inch Oven Microwave Gloves Mitts for Kitchen Cooking, Gas Flame, Grill, Barbecue
9. Over-sized food containers should not be heated inside microwave to avoid fire or electric shock.
10. Never use microwave as a storage unit: Do not store any item other than manufacturer recommended accessories inside it.
The microwave oven should be serviced only by service personnel. Therefore call for only professional help for your microwave examination, repair, or adjustment.
Connect with Mr. Right for microwave service and repair in Delhi and NCR.
It is always good to be a little alert and cautious while using home appliances. These man made helping hand if handled with care can be a real blessing to us.
Leave a reply →
By using the microwave in home, car, truck, and in office you must follow the above precaution given by the mrright.in its very helpful article to used microwave in safe way to avoid any hazards thanks for providing useful information.,
i like this article and amazing info about Microwave safety measures that you must follow, thanks for sharing this informative info