It is true that owning a car is a necessity for most of us but it is also a luxury that many people cannot afford. But once you own a vehicle of your own, it becomes your responsibility to take care of it and maintain it in order to keep it running smoothly and without glitches. Maintaining a car properly and in a timely manner not just enhances its performance but also enables you to decrease costs on repair and servicing etc. The following are some fabulous tips for car maintenance
- One of the most essential things that you need to do in order to maintain your car is to check and change its oil on a regular basis. By making filter and oil changes in a periodic manner, you will make your engine last much longer. Infact if you ignore or neglect checking the oil level in your vehicle, then it can lead to damaging of the engine and thus a need for repairs.
- As obvious as it may sound, keeping a car clean is another tip to make it last longer. Keeping both the outside and the interiors of the car clean on a daily basis is something that you must take out time for or hire a car cleaning company to do so. It is a fact that most problems occur due to dust, dirt etc and thus you must regularly clean your car.
- Most of us tend to forget changing the coolant and cooling system once a year. This can lead to several problems such as corrosion and deposit accumulation in the cooling system. Thus make it a point to change both every year.
- For every car owner, it is very important to change the differential oils as well as the transmission oils too and that too according to the service terms. Ask a professional to suggest you the right gear oil and transmission fluid.
- Lubrication of the various moving parts of your car is extremely important for their proper functioning. Make sure that you either lubricate the parts yourself or ask for professional help every once in a while
- Since the paint on the outside of the car is highly probable of getting scratched or removed, it is advisable for you to add a coat of wax over it. this not only prevents the paint from chipping off but also lends a certain shine to your vehicle’s exteriors. The wax must be applied once in 6 months every year.
- Another tip to keep your car well maintained is to change the brake fluid as well as the bleed system once every year. This is important since brake fluid is hygroscopic in nature which means that it attracts moisture easily which in turn can result in the failing of various other components of the car.