In cold winter months you use electric heaters to make your home cozy and warm. The electric heaters can be as dangerous as they are convenient if used improperly. Therefore it is very important to follow some safety measure to follow while using room heaters.
In order to keep yourself and your family safe and warm, follow the following guidelines:
- To prevent any fire or severe burn keep all items that can catch fire like inflammable material, paper, bedding, blankets, furniture at least 2-3 feet away from the electric heater.
- Before using your electric heater inspect it thoroughly to check if the heater is clean and in good condition. If you find any fault then get that problem professionally repaired.
- Place the electric heater out of high-traffic areas. Also keep it on a hard, non-flammable surface and not on carpets, wood/plastic furniture.
- Use the room heaters to provide supplemental heating and not for drying clothes or cook food.
- Do not allow pets or children near the electric heater to avoid any accidental contact, shock or burn.
- Do not overload the socket where the electric heater is plugged. Make sure that the unit is not plugged into the same power socket with other electrical appliance.
- Most importantly never leave the electric heater unattended. Avoid carbon mono-oxide poisoning by turning off the heater and unplug it before leaving room or going to bed. The Carbon mono-oxide poisoning can be very dangerous. Signs of carbon-monoxide exposure include headache, dizziness, abdominal pain or discomfort, nausea, vomiting, and weakness.
- There is no harm in being a little extravagant for family safety, so replace your older heater with a newer and safer one.
Dreo Space Heater for Indoor Use1500W Fast Heating Ceramic Electric Heater with Thermostat
This DR-HSH003 space heater can instantly heat up your 200-square-foot room, keeping you warm during chilly days. Running at 40 dB, our heaters use unique ceramic heating and advanced oblique airflow technology to make you feel like you are in a warm, quiet library.
We often overlook these indoor safety points. But following these simple safety measure to follow while using room heaters can keep your family safe and warm all season long.
For more ideas on appliances and home improvement, visit Ideas by Mr. Right.
Stay warm and safe in winter.
Leave a reply →
kudos to you for spreading awareness.
I live in Srinagar,India known for it’s extremely cold winters and was planning to buy room heater. Was wondering which type of room heater would provide maximum heating at the same time minimizing power consumption.
Since the room heaters have a high chance of causing fire accidents, It is highly advised to follow the safety measures to avoid such incidents. Thanks for the tips.
Safety measures shared in this blog post are beneficial. People who are using room heater would find it helpful. Great work!
Should we open window or gate a little bit