Battery is the backbone of an inverter. It is responsible for the good performance and long life of your inverter. Therefore regular maintenance and care of the battery is very crucial. Just like any other home appliance your inverter and its battery require regular maintenance for effective operation and longer life. Though they do not beautify your home like your steel coating double door refrigerator or your black shiny microwave, but they do help you live comfortably in the most difficult time i.e. power cut.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your inverter battery:
- Always use a well ventilated area for inverter installation. The inverter battery gets heated up during charging and operation. An airy place reduces the heating up of the battery.It also reduces the frequent water topping requirement.
- After installation use battery on a regular basis. If the power cut does not occur, discharge the battery completely once every month and then recharge it.
- Check the water level of battery every two months. Ensure that the water level is maintained between the maximum and minimum water limit. Always top up the battery with distilled water. Do not use tap water or rain water as it contains excess minerals and impurities which affect the life and performance of the battery.
- Always keep the surface and sides of battery clean and dust free. Use cotton cloth to clean these surfaces.
- Keep the battery terminals corrosion free and rust free. If the terminals get corroded pour hot water + baking soda solution on the corrosive area or use a tooth brush for cleaning. This will remove the corrosion.Once the terminals become corrosion free, apply petroleum jelly or Vaseline on to the terminals, nuts and bolts to avoid future corrosion. Rusting and corrosion are very bad for battery performance. Rusting in terminals reduces the current flow to and from from the battery. This restricted flow of current results in slow battery charging which ultimately reduces battery life.
- Be careful that the vents around battery are dust free and open. Blocked vents lead to hydrogen gas accumulation, which may lead to bursting of battery.
- From safety point of view, install the inverter at safe places in your home which is out of the reach of children or a less used area. But at the same time make sure that it is airy and properly ventilated.
- Replace your battery if it is dead or damaged. Regular inspection will keep you updated on your inverter and battery conditions.
(Source of writing: Information available on the websites of various inverter battery manufactures)
Luminous Red ChargeRecyclable Tall Tubular Inverter Battery for Home, Office & Shops
Highly efficient battery which is ideal for heavy-duty application with excellent overcharge tolerance, superior performance during long frequent power cuts, and minimum maintenance
If you are looking forward to replacing your Batteries, we have some more recommendations for you:-
- LUMINOUS RC 18000 150 AH Tall Tubular Battery
- V-Guard VJ145 135AH Flat Tubular Inverter Battery
- Exide Powersafe 65AH SMF Battery
- Amaron Inverter 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
- EXIDE INDUSTRIES 150Ah Insta Brite Inverter Ups Battery
- OKAYA HT 7048 (150AH) Tall Tubular Inverter Battery
Use of correct battery as per requirement (called battery capacity) is very important. Make sure that you always use battery with proper Ah (Ampere hour) capacity based on your requirement.For more information on choosing the right battery refer to article “How to choose right inverter & battery for your home“.
If you don’t want to clean battery yourself (as it is a task in itself) you can always call for professional help. So friends for battery check up, battery water top-up, battery change, battery terminal cleaning connect with Mr.Right.
(Cover Picture Source: www.pad3.whstatic.com)
Luminous Inverter and Battery ComboNo. 1 Cruze+ 2KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter for home, office, and shops
Pure sine wave output ensures the safety of sensitive appliances with Digital Display for the status of Power back-up/battery charging time in hours and minutes.
Here are some of the best selling Inverters available online, if you are looking for a new inverter:-
- Luminous Zelio 1700 Inverter with Red Charge 18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery
- Luminous Zolt 1100 Inverter + RC 25000 200 Ah Tall Tubular Battery + Trolley
Leave a reply →
I have been looking for this Battery Life article since long time. Thanks author.
Very helpful tips.Apart from this Some other measures are like :
1. Try to make clean both the terminals of battery by hot water so that carbon can not be there which improve battery quality.
2. Try to place the battery at open area where ventilation can be done .
3. Keep check inverter battery in every 1 month .
This improve the battery life & performance.
Same Tips we give to our Customers for Improve the inverter, E-rickshaw battery Life
We are following the same tips to maintain our inverter battery without any additional help. Thanks a lot.
Iam using a 500w inverter and a 100ah battery. My load on the inverter is 70w TV, 4 x 7w bulbs and a 15w security bulb. When my battery is fully charged (13.98volt) my inverter only less than one hour and stops giving any output power. When I check the battery it shows that it has more than 10voltage. Why is that the inverter fails to work when there is still some voltage on the battery?
Recently I bought an Exide Hydrogen Gas battery for Armada 4 x 4 . The battery died. So I kept for charging in my home Inverter but I am afraid whether it is dangerous or compatible?
Someone please response immediately
It was helpful
Pls send more information about inverter and solar system
And also on how to methane them, tools needed for that and professional development and way of installing solar and inverter system with videos and pictures
thanks for the information
1) how to set alarm in inverter or how to set alarm at low battery time or low current ( power ) ?
please give me such solutions on 9010215674 sms or whatsaap or any ext…….
Thank you for your wonderful information. We offer product and service as per customer and consultants specification or on a turn-key basis with total performance responsibility.check_out one of the most reputed tubular man cooler manufacturers chennai
Thank you for your wonderful information, check_out one of the most reputed
tubular man cooler manufacturers Chennai
Inverter-battery is kind of large type of battery and the maintenance for this battery is quite a difficult thing to do. It will be better to check Hotmail Support for all maintenance process and the treatment for this type of battery. It should be take care for a frequent time span and fill it with distilled water in a proper way.
Thanks for the great tips. I bought new Inverter Battery because my old battery is dead in just two years and its warranty is three years. I claimed my warranty and got discount. My old battery terminals badly corroded that’s why its dear in just two years. Now i follow all tips given by you and make inverter battery long time usable.
this time when I checked water level of my battery I saw that water was under and outside of it I don’t get the reason behind that
I have not in use my inverter battery from six months , then how can I take precautions to maintain battery
Can we unplug inverter and keep it aside for a1 month..will the inverter get spoiled if i unplug and place it
Today our inverter battery bursted ! My uncle did a nasty job. He tried to cut the nut of bettery terminal because it was blocked. When he took the drill near the nut there was a blast. Was it the spark created by the cutter that led the blast or something else?
Refilling water can we do it when inverter is connected to battery ?
CAN WE KEEP HOME INVERTER AND BATTERY INSIDE THE HOUSE, ANY HEALTH ISSUE ?
CAN WE KEEP HOME INVERTER AND BATTERY INSIDE THE HOUSE, ANY HEALTH ISSUE ?
thanks for the information.
Nice post thanks for this useful information to maintain the condition of inverter battery. because most of the battery doesn’t loss their efficiency due to the lack of maintenance of battery. these tips helps us take care of battery and improve the performance of battery.
Have a doubt: we have an inverter and battery being used by a tenant. He will be away for 6 months. He says, in his absence only thing that we need to do is to fill up the battery with distilled water on a regular basis. There is no need to charge the battery, while it is not in use! Is it true? Even when inverter is off, should we not keep charging the battery?
would be great to have input from you,
Very useful tips,.I have a problem.My tubular battery consume lot of distilled water.almost 5lt.in 3 months. Can you suggest why this happen?I check water level every 3 months and do top up.pl. somebody reply.
superb information thanku mam
Maintenance of inverter battery is very improtant without maintenance battery dont provide better backup power
Very helpful tips. Since I had some problem with my inverter, I have taken all precautions mentioned in the guidelines.
where do we keep inverter battery when we are not using it.