The laptop plays a central role in the learning process. Students’ productivity depends on the quality of their laptops, as they must cope with various tasks simultaneously. For instance, when they get a programming assignment and open too many bookmarks in the browser writing, “please, do my Java homework for me,” their laptops should perform fast and efficient work. In our article, you can find the nine best portable computers with powerful tech to make your studying process enjoyable.
1. The Chromebook R 11 Convertible is an Acer product that is impossible to leave behind. The aluminum paneling design gives a stylish look to the Acer Chromebook R 11. It is also light, weighing only 2.76 pounds and 19.2 mm thin. It opens with a 360° knuckle, turning into a tablet with an 11.6-inch screen and multi-touch IPS technology. The Chromebook 11 is also great in a stand-up position or “tent mode,” giving users tons of flexibility. An Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core processor with 4GB of memory and 32GB on SSD offers expanded possibilities for a student.
2. ASUS VivoBook S15 is lightweight and slim, a lasting favorite that looks bolder and more attractive for learners. With new features in the 11th Intel Core Processor Generation students will benefit significantly from their classes. Diamond-cut edges and a textured finish will help you to stand out from others. Feel your unique personality by choosing one of the four distinct colors. Open the lid, where the Enter key with color-blocked edges greet you. VivoBook S15 brings out powerful inspiration for you. The actual carrying speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 (Gen 1 and 2), and Type-C will vary, relying on such factors as the host device processing speed, file attributes, and other elements related to the operating environment and system configuration.
3. HP Envy 13 (2021) is a perfect version for those who need a portable laptop with a long-lasting 11hr+ battery without charge and large memory of RAM 16GB and storage of 256GB. With CPU Intel Core i5-1135G7, your processes will run faster. The GPU Iris Xe or GeForce MX350 will help you to feel confident in any operation. A wide display of 13.3 inches and 1080p touch lets you feel the bright and vivid infinity of what you see and do. With a comfortable size of 12.1×7.7 x 0.7 inches and 2.9 pounds, you can take your machine wherever you need.
4. Dell Inspiron 14 (7000) 14-inch has a powerful processor and benefits from a lightweight construction. It is made for high performance, which students can utilize with a long-lasting battery. Its configurations are significant for fast internet connection: the Inspiron 14 supports Wi-Fi 6 and an Ethernet port for direct link-up. A Thunderbolt™ technology in USB Type-C™ port helps you provide data transfers of up to 40Gbps, eight times more than a USB 3.1 Gen 1, and charge this laptop connecting to multiple devices. The 14-inch full HD screen will not limit your sight. Paying attention to students’ love of professional photos, we want to mention a microSD reader for importing images right after shooting. Also, you can use an HDMI connection to link external video monitors.
5. Google Pixelbook Go boasts incredible battery life. This is the more budget-friendly laptop in 2021 because anyone can afford the premium price of the Google Pixelbook today. Students love this Chromebook, not only because of its cost but also for such characteristics as a 1080p webcam, the first-class keyboard with a 19 mm pitch, and a 56 Whr battery. Fast charging for up to two hours allows you to use this laptop for 12 hours in active mode. Based on the Chrome operation system, it is greatly incorporated with Pixel phones. Hard disk size contains 256 GB for your data. The robust processor Core i7 4770 will not leave you behind when running applications.
6. Microsoft Surface Go 2 is excellent if you’re looking for a tablet. Using a stylus, it’s great for scribbling down notes. We strongly encourage you to get the keyboard attachment so you can comfortably type up entire assignments on this device as well. If you want to find a student laptop that can offer the premium quality of Microsoft’s products, the Go 2 is much more cost-effective. Even if it’s not as strong as the Surface Pro 7, it’s more than capable of helping students with their classes. It runs Windows 10, so it has access to a wide range of applications to research the web, write documents, or create Microsoft Office presentations.
7. Huawei Matebook X Pro brings various advantages to students. In this machine, you can find a reliable friend for studying. Get acquainted with such characteristics as 8th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 CPU, Intel UHD graphics 620, Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5, 8GB or 16GB RAM, 13.9-inch 3K (3,000 x 2,080) screen size, and 512GB SSD of storage. You can’t ignore these reasons to buy the Huawei Matebook X Pro. With a vibrant and bright display, you will keep your eyes safe while studying for your assignments. Great battery performance will let you study wherever you need without worries about charging.
8. Lenovo IdeaPad Duet Chromebook is essentially a Chrome version of the first Microsoft Surface Go. Like the Go, the Lenovo is a 10-inch tablet that includes a touchpad and detachable keyboard. This Lenovo laptop is a budget version of Microsoft Surface Go. Starting at $249 for a 64GB version or $299 for one with 128GB of storage, the Lenovo IdeaPad is tiny-sized and less powerful. The screen is small, but if you’re regularly using it for work, it is better to attach an external monitor through a USB-C port. You’ll probably want to connect a wireless keyboard and mouse, too. Pixel Slate makes more sense for more people with a price that’s more in line with what people expect a Chromebook to cost.
9. MacBook Air M1 takes the ninth place on the list, but it is definitely not the least in terms of quality. Remember that the Apple MacBook Air M1 costs $999 and up, so you aren’t looking at a budget product. Students should also invest some money in solid-state hard drives and for extra memory than you would with many Windows machines. The price also affects quality because the Apple MacBook Air M1 has an all-new processor called the M1, changing the Intel ones that MacBooks have used since 2006. The new processor performs with a longer battery life and is significantly better not only than older Apple MacBook Air models but also some competing Windows laptops. However, like some previous MacBooks, this Apple MacBook Air doesn’t have a touch screen and only contains USB-C ports.
A laptop to fit your needsWhen choosing a computer for studying, remember that this is a long-term affair. Your educational performance depends on your laptop’s technical qualities, so don’t ignore the selection process. Pay close attention to all details, including price, specifications, and your personal requirements, so it is suitable for you. Hopefully, our nine selections will inspire you for a better choice!