1. Which is better in the front-loading and top-loading washing machines?
The best person who can answer this one of the most common washing machine faqs is you. The front-loading and top-loading machines are designed to serve different laundry needs with the same efficiency. Adding to it, the space is also a thing to consider while opting for one of them. If your laundry area is compact and has smaller roof space, go for a front load washer.
2. What capacity of the washing machine would be enough for me?
It is obvious to get confused while deciding the capacity of the washing machine. An average washing machine can range between 6 kg of load to as much as 10 kg. However, there are still some variants that provide more washing capacity.
Making it easier, consider a 6kg variant is enough for two people with a washing frequency of once in two days. Increase one kg more with every adding member. This may help you to choose the perfect washing machine.
3. Are more wash modes and features in the washing machines worth buying?
Technically, yes. Increased wash modes assure seamless washing. However, stay alarmed from being scammed by the brand as they may sell you something that you didn’t even require. Therefore, understand the benefits of every feature and only then go for one.
4. Why is the washing machine tub not spinning?
It can happen due to numerous reasons. First, you have to notice any anomaly or abnormal behavior in the machine apart from not spinning. If not, the following can be the reasons-
- Burnt Motor
- Dirt was collected on the motor plates
- Broken belt
- Wire connections are loose
You can find the detailed guide on how to fix your washing machine here.
5. What size washing machine is required to wash blankets?
It is one of the most popular washing machine faqs revolving around the consumers. It is a common myth that large fabric like blankets and quilts can be easily washed in any machine regardless of their capacities.
However, smaller machines having a capacity of 8kg can hardly do the work for you. Small machines have tiny motors that are not built to withstand such heavy loads.
6. Why is the machine not draining out the water?
The drainage system of a washing machine is located in the lower corner. Certain reasons are:
- Blocked drain hose due to dirt.
- Non-functional drain pump.
- The drain pump cord connected to the console is broken.
- Coin/Lint filter is choked or full.
Best-Selling Washing Machines-
- Dual Tub- SUPER DEAL Portable Compact Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine 13 lbs
- Top Load- Giantex Portable Compact Full-Automatic Laundry 8 lbs
- Front Load- Electrolux EFLS627UIW 27 Inch Front Load Washer
7. Why the washing machine is draining all the water out during the wash?
A drain mechanism of a washer is not a mess unless you make it one. If maintained and used well, the drain pump will never act abnormally. The drain valve present in the pump gets worn out due to continuous use for a long time. Open up the drain valve and look for the rubber sealing on it. Hence, replace the valve if it is loose.
8. Can I stop the washing machine in the middle of the wash cycle?
It is not recommended by experts however, it is possible. It seems impossible when you see the drum succeeding momentum. Although all you have to do is to press the start/stop button in an automatic washing machine. You can simply turn the wash timer lever back to zero in a semi-automatic model.
9. How to prevent the washing machine from having a bad smell?
Another one of the highly popular washing machine Faqs. Odor in a machine is the result of a non-ventilated washer drum after a wash cycle. The water present on the drum surface produces a foul smell after a while. Therefore, keep the machine’s lid open after every wash until it is fully dried.
10. Are Laundry sheets better than regular detergents?
Yes. The washing machine sheets are a better alternative to conventional detergents. They provide a residue-free wash with numerous benefits. Here is a guide about all you need to know about laundry detergent sheets.
Best Recommended Laundry detergent sheets-
- Breezeo Laundry Detergent Strips
- Sheets Laundry Club Detergent Sheets
- ECOS™ Liquidless Laundry Detergent Squares
- KIND LAUNDRY Detergent Sheets
11. Can laundry bleach harm the fabric?
Bleaching the clothes have always been an easy approach for stainless cleaning. However, it is less known that bleach can damage the cloth as it dissolves the stain molecules in water-soluble particles. This process can damage the nature of the fabric if used in excess.
Therefore, do not apply bleach on your garments often and unnecessarily.
12. Can I wash shoes in the washing machine?
Yes, you can wash your daily shoes in a washing machine. However, we recommend you first check the washing instructions of every individual footwear.
Additionally, take the laces out from your shoes and wash them in a gentle wash mode.
13. Can I get an electric shock if I touch the water in the washer drum if it is on?
No, the washing machines are designed very safely keeping all the safety measures intact. Therefore, it is highly impossible to get a shock from the drum water even when the machine is turned on.
However, we suggest you not do it as the spinning drum might harm your hand.
14. Is every washing machine equal in washing power?
Simply no. Every model has its own washing efficiency as every machine comes with a different motor.
The cheaper variants can’t exceed 1000 RPM which is considered an average while a powerful washing machine can deliver up to 1500 RPM.
Therefore, look for the spinning speed of the machine as well before buying one.
15. How long a washing machine can be used?
The average useful life of a washing machine is expected to be 11 years. However, this period can increase/decrease according to the use. If maintained properly, a washing machine can even serve up to 20 years.
We have tried to answer the most common Washing Machine Faqs on the internet for you. We will still love to answer more as you can ask our experts directly in the comment section below.