Here are some of the most common problems with treadmills. Let’s have look at them one by one.
1. Display not working
This is one of the most common problems with treadmills these days. Start by checking if the power cord of the treadmill is tightly plugged into the wall socket. If the treadmill runs on batteries, check if they are healthy. Sometimes, resetting the circuit breaker does the trick. You can reset it by unplugging the treadmill for about 1 minute.
2. Treadmill’s speed is inconsistent
The first thing to check is if it is improperly grounded. Treadmills should always be plugged directly into a wall on a 20-ampere socket. Never use an extension cord, surge protector/stabilizer. Other commons reasons for inconsistent speeds are loose connectors connecting PCB to the motor, lack of lubrication on the treadmill belt, worn out moving parts which include the motors and the belt.
3. Belt Slipping
Belt can slip either if the belt is too tight or if the belt has too much lubrication. In some cases, belts just need to be re-aligned to stop them from slipping. LIVESTRONG recommends a simple rule while tightening the belt: you should be able to lift the belt in the center on the sides by approximately 2 inches to 3 inches, if not, it’s too tight or loose.
Here are some Belt Lubricants for your Treadmill:-
- Essential Values 3 Pack Treadmill Belt Lubricant
- Proform Lifestyler Treadmill Walking Belt Lubricant
- Treadmill Doctor Silicone Slip Coat Lubricant
- Jungles Treadmill Belt Lubricant
4. Elevation Function Isn’t Working
This problem is mostly caused by loose connections. Check if all the connections from the PCB to the motor are tight and firm. Otherwise, the motor is faulty and you will have to replace it.
Here are a few PCB Controller in case you want to replace your PCB:-
- Pukido ZH-KQS-001(0.4) PCB treadmill motor controller for SHUA
- Calvas Treadmill controller for Reebok ZR10
- Pukido Treadmill controller for BH fitnnes
5. Burning Smell
In this case, the first switch off the treadmill and unplug it. Common reasons for this problem are very high friction between the belt and the deck, a power surge causing a short in the motor, wiring or electronics. Any of these problems may lead to a fire, so you’ll need to have the problem fixed first before you continue using the machine.
We recommend you to use these Treadmill Covers when you are not using it:-
- Mini Lustrous Non-Folding Running Machine Protective Cover
- nobrands Outdoor Household Treadmill Cover
- MaWGcowerd Folding Treadmill Cover
- Aidetech Non-Folding Treadmill Cover
For any queries regarding treadmills, please feel free to comment in the section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. For professional help for treadmills book a case at Mr. Right, we’ll take care of the rest.