Ceramic tiles are one of the most popular types of tiles and have a certain shine and elegance attached to them. Not only are they amazingly durable but also lend a good appearance and finish to the room in which they are installed. However if you consider polishing them, then this can do wonders to the final outcome and their look. Polishing them makes them smoother and appear much better. Whether they have to be installed on the floor, the wall or the backsplash, there are certain ceramic tile polishing tips that can prove useful. The following are some ideas on how to polish ceramic tiles:
Things you will need:
The first thing you need to do is to gather the supplies that will be needed to polish ceramic tiles. You will need :
- A bucket
- Some vinegar,preferably white
- A mop
- Club soda
- Some old rags or clothes
You can also consider these supplies for effective cleaning:-
- OXO Good Grips Extendable Tub and Tile Scrubber
- Miracle Sealants TSC6QT Tile & Stone, Quart Cleaners
- Better Life Naturally Dirt-Destroying Floor Cleaner
- Bona Stone, Tile and Laminate Floor Cleaner
- Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
- So once you have gathered all the supplies that will be needed to polish ceramic tiles, the next step is to make a mixture of about ¼ cup of white vinegar with one gallon of warm water.
- You can make this mixture in a large size bucket. Make sure you mix the ingredients properly.
- In case your tiles are grungy then what you can do is that you can increase the ratio of vinegar to 1 cup for every gallon of water.
- Now that you have your polishing mixture ready with you, the next step you need to follow is to dip the mop into the vinegar solution and then take it out and squeeze it to release any extra fluid.
- Select a certain part of the room and start from there.
- Push the mop across the floor and gradually cover the entire area.
- The same is true in the case of walls and backsplash ceramic tiles.
- Now take a clean rag and immerse it into this solution.
- Clean the tiles properly until you feel that they have a certain newly added shine and cleanliness to them.
- After this, empty all the vinegar mixture from the large bucket and fill club soda in it.
- Now into this mixture, dip the mop and mop the entire floor area or wall area.
- Take a clean rag and wipe down the entire area again.
- What the club soda does is that it provides a polished finish to the tiles which make them look new and shiny.
We recommend these other tools available on Amazon for effective Cleaning:-
- Anicell Drill Brush Attachment Set Cleaning Kit
- ELICTO ES-100 Electric Scrubber- Cordless
- YOUKADA Electric Spin Scrubber
- Kikunum Spin Scrubber
- Homitt Electric Spin Scrubber Cordless
Now that you have learned the way to polish ceramic tiles, you can easily follow the steps given above anytime. Once polished, the tiles will shine for a long time but over a period of time, they can again become dull. If this happens, make sure you polish them again. If you are not confident of doing this on your own, you can always take professional help. Contact Mr Right for ceramic tile polishing or bathroom cleaning etc.