If you are someone who is experiencing the problem of no water coming from geyser then you must know that it is a common issue and can be resolved easily. When you install geyser at your home, then you basically make your hot water tap functional. This means that whenever geyser is on and working, hot water should come from the hot water taps connected in the geyser zone. But in some cases you will find that no water is coming from geyser or from those taps. We have brought to you a list of the possible causes as well as their solutions to this problem and it is given as follows:
1. Check whether water is coming out of other taps
The first thing that you need to do once you observe no water coming from geyser is to check all the other taps in the house as well. Is water coming or flowing through all of them properly? If not, then the issue is not with the geyser or hot water. You must check the main supply of the water through the stopcock. If that is fine then check with your neighbors about their water supply. But only if the hot water tap is not giving water then you must have airlocks in your pipes.
This could also be a result of a frozen pipe in your home. You may have to contact a plumber or professional to get this problem solved. Sometimes, the tap washer may also need replacing since this could be causing the problem. The tap may be blocked and this issue can be solved by removing the tap and looking at the washer. You will be able to see if it needs replacing. If yes, contact a plumber to help you do so.
Fix the airlock
If the reason for no water coming from geyser is an airlock then you can resolve it yourself by following the given instructions:
- You must first attach the hosepipe to the broken tap and then fit its other end to a working tap.
- Turn on the broken tap and this will help breaking the airlock. But for this, leave the taps running for a few minutes.
- If this works, then first remove the hose off the highest tap and not the lowest.
- Doing the opposite could mean developing a vacuum and thus an airlock again.
2. Check the electricity supply in case of an electric geyser
If you have an electric geyser at home, then the possible reason behind no hot water coming from geyser could be a problem with the electricity supply. Follow the given tips to check and solve this problem:
- First check the main switch on the hot water geyser and then the fuse or circuit breaker. Sometimes the fuse flips and this could lead to not hot water. Just flip the fuse from OFF to ON position to solve the issue.
- If the fuse has blown then you can replace it by a new fuse but only with the same rating. For this it is better to contact an electrician.
Now that you know the various causes and solutions to the problem of no water coming from geyser, you can solve the problem on your own anytime. But in some cases, the issue could be beyond your understanding the expertise and thus you may have to contact a professional plumber. If you are looking for a plumber for general plumbing work or other problems, you can reach out to Mr. Right. So contact them today and solve all your plumbing problems.