Termites (also known as “Deemak” in India) are the silent destroyer because they live and breed secretly in your home without showing any early signs of damage. They feed on dead plants and trees as well as dead parts of living trees, including wood and wood in the soil. The possible feeding sites for termites in your house are foundations, wooden furniture, wooden floors, shelves and even books. This feeding habits cause costly damage to your property.
Termites are a continuous threat to your home. Moisture condition and termite food in and around your home support the breeding for theses destroyers.
Here are some small steps which can make a big difference in the termite prevention at your home:
- Repair leaking faucets, water pipes, and A/C units
- Keep gutters and downpipes clean
- Get rid of standing water on roof by keeping all vents open and clean
- Regularly check the wooden furniture and foundations for damage
- Do not keep excessive plants inside home.
- Regularly check if there are any mud tubes on the wall and wooden items.
Above were some preventive measures but in case the termites have already spread beyond prevention you should get a professional help. Here’s how you can find Delhi NCR best termite control experts to permanently get rid of termites at home. We’ll help you keep your wooden items strong and steady!