Due to constant usage and over a period of time, all the bathroom fittings including the shower head can begin to appear rustic and may not perform as it used to. Mineral deposits can get built up and the nozzles may get clogged. This may lead to low water flow and pressure. Moreover this also deteriorates the overall look of the fittings. Therefore it is important to clean the shower head on a regular basis so that not only does it look good but also performs well. This is why we have brought you a list of tips and suggestions to clean a shower head effectively.
1. Rub the nozzles
- The first thing to do to clean a shower head is to rub its nozzles.
- Most shower heads have flexible rubber nozzles. All you need to do for this is to dislodge mineral build-up by simply massaging the nozzles with your fingers.
- You can also make use of an old toothbrush to scrub the nozzles. Make sure you do so gently and not rub too hard.
2. Use vinegar to clean the shower head
- If your shower head isn’t detachable, then you can fill some vinegar in a plastic bag and wrap it around the shower head.
- Secure the bag properly by tying a rubber band around the showerhead.
- Leave the bag around for a few hours and then keep the shower running with water for a few minutes to clear off any vinegar left on it. However if the shower head is detachable then you can submerge it in vinegar for a few hours.
- Remove the shower head from vinegar, attach it back again and keep the water running to clear off the vinegar.
3. Clean the filter screen
- Now the next step is to clean the filter screen. For this you may have to refer to the shower head’s instruction manual.
- You will have to remove the shower head to reach to the filter screen. It can be removed by gently brushing the filter out.
- You can also make use of tweezers to get the screen out.
- Once it is out, run it under some water for a few minutes so as to remove all the build up.
- You can also use a toothbrush to brush out the deposits that may have accumulated on it.
4. Use commercial cleaning products
- You can also make use of commercial cleaning products to clean a shower head and remove any Limescale build up on it.
- There are many such products available but you must read the instructions before you use the product. In most cases, you may need to spray a little bit of the product on the showerhead and then rub it gently with a rag or sponge.
Now that you know the various ways to clean a shower head, you can easily maintain yours on your own. These products require regular cleaning and maintenance so as to get the best out of them. Deposits can really hamper the appearance of shower fittings including shower heads. If you wish to get yours cleaned professionally, you can contact Mr Right for its commercial cleaning services.
Leave a reply →
Betting on Cricket: Improve your game and win with us! The thirst for adrenaline, passion for cricket, and desire to win come together in our unique cricket betting guide. Our cricket betting guide is the key to a successful journey into the world of sports betting https://cricketbettingexpert.net/. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, our guide will help you expand your knowledge and increase your chances of success.
Thanks for sharing informative articles. Louisville House Cleaning also provides cleaning services and we have some great tips on our website . For more information visit our site.
Thanks for the article. I have followed it and it worked very well
Excellent thread! Thank you!