80 percent of world’s diseases are water-borne. No doubt why it’s essential to drink safe and pure drinking water in today’s pollution afflicted world. Here, are some of the common problems with RO water purifiers:
1. RO water purifier not working at all
If your RO purifier gives no response when you switch it ON ie there’s no LED lights coming on and no sounds from the unit, then most likely the power supply cable is faulty or the PCB is at fault. Transformers and capacitors are most prone to faults on a PCB, and they can be simply replaced.
2. Water flow is too low
If the water flowing into the fresh water tank is very slow, it’s because either the water coming from the tap has very high TDS or one of the filters is choked. If former is the case, there’s nothing can be done to the RO to improve water flow. Generally, in rainy seasons TDS tends to increase. It might take 2-3 days for TDS to decrease back and then the water flow will improve. If TDS is normal and still the problem persists, then one of the filters has choked and will have to be replaced.
Here are some TDS Meters you can find on Amazon:-
- KONVIO NEER LCD TDS Meter for RO Water Filter
- JEEJEX Tds Large Display Screen 3-in-1 Tds + Ec + Temp Meter
- Parijata 3-in-1 TDS and EC with Temperature in Leather Cover
- Nexqua Dew Digital LCD Tds Meter for RO Water Purifier
- Freshzone Supreme Quality Pocket Digital TDS Meter
3. Water has bad taste or odor
If you’ve just installed a new RO water purifier or any of the filters, make sure you don’t start using the water before draining out the complete tank at least once. In some cases, the filters or membrane might have choked and needs to be replaced.
Here are some Filters and membranes you can find online:-
- AquaDart® RO Service kit of membrane & filter for All Type Of Water Purifier
- Remino RO Service kit of membrane & filter for Water Purifier (All Type)
- Ampereus Gold HIGH Quality Filters Along with Fittings and Membrane for All Kind of RO Water Purifier
- Kent Original Filters Spare Kit
- Shapure Ro Service Kit With Membrane & Filter For Water Purifier (All Type)
4. Water leaking
Water might start to leak from the unit if fittings are not tight enough. Make sure you tighten all the connections. Also, if you have high tap water pressure, make sure the tap isn’t set to full flow. Applying unnecessary pressure onto the filters will only degrade them faster.
5. Vibrations in RO purifier
This problem is common when there has been a recent filter change in the water purifier. These vibrations are called pressure differential vibrations. Due to the difference in pressure between the different filters, vibrations start to occur. There’s no damage induced by these vibrations and generally fade away within 3-4 days.
If you’re considering getting a new RO purifier system, do consider these high quality products available on Amazon.in:
- Eureka Forbes AquaSure RO+UV+MTDS 7L Water Purifier
- Kent New Grand 8L RO + UV+ UF + TDS Water Purifier
- HUL Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV + MF 7 Stage Water Purifier
- AO Smith Z9 RO 10 Litre RO+SCMT Black 10Litre Water Purifier
For any other queries regarding problems with RO water purifier, please feel free to comment in the section below.