Iron press is an important home appliance which needs to be kept in best shape at all times. It is a device which comes into use almost on an everyday basis and hence it is necessary that you keep it clean, well maintained and working in best condition. But if you don’t do so, it can encounter problems which may make it difficult for you to use it. If your iron press is not working, then there could be many reasons behind it. The following are some ways to repair iron press not working:
1. Check all the settings
The first thing to do in case of iron press not working is to check all the settings and make sure they are all fine. Different fabrics need different temperature settings to be ironed. Refer to the following general temperature chart for the same:
- Linen: 230 °C (445 °F)
- Triacetate: 200 °C (390 °F)
- Cotton: 204 °C (400 °F)
- Viscose/Rayon: 190 °C (375 °F)
- Wool: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Polyester: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Silk: 148 °C (300 °F)
- Acetate: 143 °C (290 °F)
- Acrylic: 135 °C (275 °F)
- Lycra/Spandex: 135 °C (275 °F)
- Nylon: 135 °C (275 °F)
Refer to the user manual that comes along with the iron press and make sure you have made all the connections and settings the way it is recommended in the manual.
2. Check the electric cord and thermostat
- In most cases of iron press not working, the problem is related to the thermostat or the electric cord.
- Thus the next thing you need to do is to see whether the thermostat is set on a high enough setting for the iron to heat up.
- Also see if it is moving properly and has not become faulty. In case of a faulty thermostat, you may need to get it replaced and then try turning on the iron press.
- Check whether the electric cord is not damaged or torn from anywhere. Plug it into another power supply and turn on the iron press again to check whether the issue was with the power supply.
3. Check the sole plate
- Sometimes a problem with the sole plate can also be the cause of iron press not working. Thus you need to check bottom of it and also the holes from where the steam gets released for any kind of obstructions or debris.
- Check the surface of the sole plate to see if any clothing particles are left attached and are clinging as it can leave burning residue behind which may not be letting the iron press to work.
- If there are any issues, make sure you clear them properly. Clean the sole plate and remove burn marks.
4. Clean the steam holes and water container
- In order to make sure that iron press works fine, you must clean the steam holes as well as the water container regularly.
- To do this, you can fill the container to about a quarter with white vinegar and then turn on the iron to steam it out.
Now that you know the main reasons for iron press not working, you may be able to solve the issue on your own. However in some cases you may need to contact professionals for example if there is need for any part replacement. If you wish to contact a professional for iron not working, you can contact Mr Right.