Getting the best air purifier is the first step and getting the most of it is another equally important thing. Using your appliances optimally ensures the best results, making sure that you get the worth of money spent on it. There are a few tricks that you can follow to enjoy the benefits of your air purifier in your home. Let us know more about the tricks to get the most of your air purifier without putting too much pressure on it.
1. Keep windows and doors closed
Although proper ventilation is important in the room, it is always recommended to keep your windows and doors closed while using air purifiers. Open the windows and doors occasionally for short time to get the fresh air inside but, shut them before turning the purifier on. If you use your purifier with doors and windows open, it will have to work harder due to regular airflow. Also, it will lead to clean air escaping from the open doors and windows.
Following are some bestselling air purifiers recommended for you:
- LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home
- HATHASPACE Air Purifier for Home
- Vremi Premium True HEPA Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega AP-1512HH(W) True HEPA Purifier
- Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Auto Large Area Air Purifier
- Coway Professional Air Purifier for Home
- Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
- Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter
2. Keep the purifier on the whole day
Air purification is an ongoing process due to the always-changing air quality inside your home. Therefore, it is necessary to keep your air purifier running throughout the day. However, you can keep the fan speed at the lowest. It will help in silent and effective air purification while saving energy costs. Many purifiers come with an auto mode feature that controls the fan speed as per the requirements. If the air quality is good for a long time, it automatically shuts down the system.
3. Place your purifier in the best place
One important point to keep in mind while using an air purifier is its placement. Placing your purifier at the best place in a room increases its efficiency. The decision of where to put your indoor air purifier depends on a number of factors such as level of pollution, size of the room, etc. Consider all the important points before deciding on a place for your purifier.
4. Regular maintenance of purifier filters
Filters are one of the most important components of air purifiers. They are responsible for cleaning the air and making it healthy for you to breathe. With the regular use and passage of time, filters collect dust and other pollutants, which decreases their effectiveness. Therefore, it is necessary to replace or clean the filters regularly. If the filter is reusable, you can clean it with water or a vacuum cleaner and reinstall it for use. But in case the filter can not be washed or cleaned, make sure to replace it at regular intervals (as recommended by the manufacturer).
5. Point the airflow towards your breathing zone
If you are using your air purifier in large rooms like living rooms, offices, etc., it is best to keep the purifier pointed towards you. It will ensure that the clean air is flowing directly towards your face. However, if your air purifier is always placed in the bedroom, you can point it in any direction.
6. Use booster fans or multiple purifiers
The capacity of an air purifier depends on the size of the room in which it is placed. Also, the furniture and other items placed in the room hinder the airflow from all parts of the room. It also stops the air purifier from catching pollutants from every corner of the room. To get rid of this problem, you can use a booster fan for effective air circulation in the room. Always keep the fan in the corners or in areas where the purifier is unable to reach. If the room is big, you can also use multiple air purifiers to get rid of pollutants from every part of the room.
7. Avoid ionic and ozone emitting purifiers
There are different types of air purifiers available in the market, among which, some can even have negative effects on health. Air purifiers that emit ozone such as ionic air purifiers, etc. are the ones that clean the air but also harm you. They can aggravate respiratory issues and trigger allergies and asthma. So, avoid using ionic and ozone-emitting purifiers inside your home.
8. Clean the dust sensor lens (if any)
Some air purifiers have an in-built laser sensor for dust removal. These sensors count the number of dust particles present in the laser beam. These dust sensor lenses are very sensitive and also accumulate dust particles over time. Therefore, it is vital to clean the lens at least once every month. When the pollution level is high, you can also clean it twice a month.
Some common Dos and Don’ts of using an air purifier
Besides the above-mentioned tricks to get the most of your air purifier, there are also some dos and don’ts that you must remember. These will help in increasing the efficiency and lifespan of the air purifier. Below are some of the common practices that you must follow to keep your system in good condition for a long time:
- Always remember to shut off and unplug the air purifier before cleaning the purifier or its filter.
- If you have children and/or pets in your home, it is important to keep them away from the purifier. So, if your system has a child lock feature, always turn this feature on when you are outside or not near the purifier.
- Always keep the area around it clean and obstruction-free. Never keep any books, furniture, etc. close to the system. It will block the airflow.
- Never keep your purifier near or in a room that has flammable items, explosive items, toxic gases, etc. These items can damage the air purifier and also create fire risks when kept nearby.
Getting the best purifier and placing it in the right place are all done to get the best results. Properly using the air purifier will result in clean air without wasting too much energy. So, follow the tricks mentioned above to get the most out of your purifier and get the value of your money. Also, remember the dos and don’ts for best and safe usage. Following all these points will help you in getting the clean air to breathe inside your home and also increase its lifespan.