A geyser is an essential appliance which is not just important for the colder regions in the world but also other parts. It fulfils the basic need of providing us with hot water which can be used for multiple purposes such as bathing, washing clothes, washing utensils, cooking and many others. But what happens when your geyser does not fulfil this basic requirement? Well in such a case you must try to find out the reason why your geyser is not heating water. This article will throw light on some of these reasons as well as some ways you can fix this issue.
No hot water coming out from the geyser
One of the situations that you might be facing is not hot water coming out from the geyser at all. Given below are some more details about the same:
- Basically there are 2 heating elements inside the appliance.
- In case there is no hot water from the geyser inspite of the power supply being fine at home, then this is indicative of the fact that one or both the heating elements may have failed.
- However there could be another reason for this and that is a faulty thermostat.
- Thermostat is basically that device or part which helps you change or moderate the temperature of water inside the geyser.
- If this part fails at off position then the water may not heat up at all.
- In both these cases, you may need to contact a professional to get the issue resolved or to get the part replaced.
Some of the other Heating Elements available online are:-
- RACOLD Eterno/Altro Geyser Heater Element
- Litost® Geyser Heating Element 2 KW Triangle Tikoni Type With Pocket (Only For OLD USHA Type Geyser)
- Vardhman- THEETA Brand Instant Water Heating Element
- Vardhman- THEETA Brand Heating Element (Only for Bajaj Type Geyser)
- Litost® Heating Element For Geyser (Only For Havells & Recold Type Elements)
Water coming from geyser not hot enough
- As mentioned earlier, the temperature of the water present inside the geyser is controlled through a thermostat.
- In most of the geysers, the temperature that can be controlled is between 40 and 75 degree Celsius.
- So in case the setting of the thermostat is at low then in this case the power supply gets cuts off at low temperature and the water will hence not get heated much.
- Thus in case the water coming from geyser is not hot enough then the first thing you must check is the thermostat.
- Also, in some cases, the thermostat may fault at a lower setting and this too can be responsible for water not hot enough.
- In this situation when geyser is not heating water properly, you must get the thermostat checked.
- It is better to contact a professional or electrician for the same since this issue can be more complicated than you imagine and may need experience and expertise.
It is important for geysers to be maintained and checked on a regular basis so that in case you need hot water, you get the desired amount. Because if not, then what is the point of getting this appliance installed in the first place. There are many good electricians or professionals available who can check, install, repair and replace geysers or their parts. If your geyser does not heat water, you can reach out to Mr Right for help and repairs.
If you are looking for a new Geyser, we have some recommendations for you: –