A pressure geyser is a common appliance used in homes and offices around the world. These types of geysers or water heaters are easily available in the market and can be bought for pocket friendly prices. While they don’t usually show any major problems but some of them can crop up from time and time and may need repairs to correct them. If you are considering installing one and want to know the common pressure geyser problems, then the following given points of information shall prove useful. They explain the common problems and their solutions for your help and reference.
Water leaking from top or bottom
PROBLEM: One of the common pressure geyser problems is water leaking either from the top or from the bottom.
- If it is leaking from the top, then you must ensure that the cold inlet and hot outlet pipes are not loose. Also this could be due to failing of the T&P valve. These can all be fixed easily at home.
- In the case of leaking of water from the bottom side, the reason could be normal condensation or a leaking electric heating element gasket.
- Sometimes this could also be because of water being expelled from overflow pipe.
- If the actual tank is leaking, then the only solution is to replace the geyser altogether.
Not enough or no hot water
PROBLEM: Another common pressure geyser problems is not enough or not hot water at all coming from the outlet.
- If you are receiving no hot water at all then you must check the breaker box to see if the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Also check if the heating elements are working fine or have failed.
- If they have failed, they may need replacement.
- In case of not enough hot water, you must check the thermostat.
- Either adjust it properly to get desired temperature of hot water or check if it has become faulty.
- Either the element could be faulty or the wiring may be loose.
Airex Copper Cup Type Geyser Heating Element MidgetInstant Water Heater (Heating Coil) 3000W
Includes: 1 Unit Of Copper Cup Type Geyser Heating Element (Midget)/Instant Water Heater (Heating Coil) 3000W built with Copper
Low hot water pressure
PROBLEM: Low hot water pressure too is a common pressure geyser problem. This problem however is usually because of a ½ inch diameter galvanized piping entering and leaving the geyser.
SOLUTION: The only solution for this is to install a modern day ¾ inch piping which allows more water to flow through and will hence increase the hot water pressure. Sometimes debris, sediment and other deposits may too affect the water pressure.
Smelly or dusty water
PROBLEM: Some people also experience the problem of smelly or dusty/dirty water coming from the pressure geyser.
- If the water is rusty then this is an indication of corrosion and in this case you may need to replace your geyser.
- If water is dirty or discoloured then this could be due to scale build up on the heating elements or sediments deposited in the water outlet.
- Smelly water is usually due to bacteria build-up in tank and in this case, you must get your tank professionally cleaned.
Bajaj Splendora 3L 3KW IWH Instant Water HeaterCorded Electric Water Geyser
Copper heating element with efficient longer life. Unique Weldfree joint in outer metal body. It come with fire retardent cable and neon indicator for heating
For geyser leakage problem or any other common pressure geyser problems, you can contact Mr Right.
Leave a reply →
Storage Water Heater, you’re welcome
to peruse the information provided below. When I come here, I know I’ll find answers and useful advice.
My pressure valve makes a howling sound when tap is opened
It is located a metre away from the main ..water metre.
I have installed new crompton instant geyser ,bad or foul smell os coming in the bed room when geyser is on where geyser switches are present,no smell in the bathroom
I have installed a Bajaj water storage gyser in my bathroom since last about 8 years; which has one inlet for cold water and one outlet for hot water; but today when in the morning I swthied on it, all of a sudden detected a husky sond from it; more surprising also I found that hot water is flowing from other bibcocks of my house; I am quite astonished, how it is possible! Is it for short circuit and/or for any other reason?
Hot water flowing through both inlet and outlet of the geyser